How to view photos and other files on iCloud
It is necessary to connect the synchronization of the gadget with the cloud, as well as several other options, because it is not possible to view the iCloud storage without them.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Go to phone settings.
- Find the iCloud button and press.
- Use switches to select information to be synchronized and data to be uploaded.
- media. photos, videos, music;
- contacts, calendar and reminders;
- browser history;
- notes, passwords;
Manage photo storage
The initial setup is done. The next step is to find the Photo item in the iCloud menu. Here you manage the synchronization of photos in iCloud with iPhone. The following features are available:
- Media Library. the corresponding media files are sent to the Apple server. All gadgets linked to the same ID have access to data.
- Optimize storage. original documents are unloaded, compressed copies remain on the device to save space. Opposite option. Save originals.
- Upload to photostream. fresh photos will be uploaded to other devices via Wi-Fi.
- Unload burst photos. your favorite photos will be in the stream.
- Share. lets you create a separate album for others to view. So you can view other people’s shared albums.
5 Gb of storage is provided free of charge.
If the user wishes to expand the space for a fee: a monthly subscription system is used for this. space is cheaper per 1GB. You can have any content in iCloud.
View photos from your computer
Access from a PC with Windows or Linux via the Mediatheque.
How to access and view iCloud Photos — Apple Support
- Download the iCloud program from the Apple support site and then run.
- Open Options menu next to the Photos button.
- Click Media Library, then the Done and Apply buttons.
Media Library must be enabled on those Apple gadgets that you want to view photos from on your computer.
View is available in iCloud, during installation the shortcut can be displayed on the Desktop.
The iCloud utility Photo is used to work with iCloud on Mac and PCs running macOS. It downloads from built-in app manager.
Access via website
No need to download iCloud management tools. Basic functions are provided by a website where you can see the contents of the cloud.
Sign in with your Apple ID to view. The Photos shortcut is on the home screen.
If media library is activated and pictures are uploaded to the cloud, they will be available.
Apple, continuing to improve computer technology, offers its users a new application of its cloud storage. iPhone and iPad owners are the first to appreciate the benefits of how to view photos in iCloud on other devices without using a connection cable or installing an additional sync program on their PC.
How to quickly find out the file size on your iPhone or iPad
Quick commands in iOS. an excellent tool for automating actions. They also help you to do things that are not part of the system’s defaults, such as knowing the size of a file. This usually involves uploading a photo, video, or document to the cloud (Google Drive, Dropbox) or to iCloud via the Files app.
It’s too long, but there’s an easier way.
Download the Quick Commands app (iOS 13 has it pre-installed).
In the app, click on “Create Team” or the “” button on the home screen.
In the window that opens, specify a name (for example, “Learn file size”). Select “On the export page” so that the command is available when you click the “Share” button.
In “Export Types,” you can limit the types of files the command will work with. This way you won’t have an extra button popping up when you want to share a web page via AirDrop.
Now to add the actions. Go back to the command editing page (the “Done” button) and click on the “” icon. Find the “Get File Details” action and click on it.
Click on “Details” to choose the type of data to display, in this case it is “File Size”.
We taught the program how to get the file size from the output data. Now we need to teach the program how to show us the data. Click on the “” icon again to add a new action, “Show Notification”.
Done! This is what the finished command looks like:
To run it, open the desired file (for example, an image in the Photos app) and tap the “Share” button. Click on the command and you will be notified of the file size.
Snapshot on iPhone with a timer
After learning how to view a series of photos on your iPhone, you can get a more detailed understanding of the history and capabilities of the feature. The modern timer and continuous shooting in the new iPhones is not the same app we saw in the first iOS iPhones. The ability to remove unnecessary photos from series appeared in iOS 7 software.0.2-7.0.3. Since iOS 7, this mode has received many updates, not including external interface changes. In the ninth incarnation of iOS Apple has added a built-in timer that automatically starts a continuous shooting mode. And if you want you can make an animated GIF of a series of your photos. But you’ll need a separate app and the help of your computer or laptop to do this.
Many people wonder why it is necessary to hold your finger on the iPhone screen when you take a picture and fix the exposure. First, by locking it in one position, you can conveniently control it. raise or lower it to add or take away light, respectively. Secondly, it’s a real treat for sunset photography. You can set it so low to make the model look like a dark silhouette and take a great shot.
Exposure lock is available on all iPhones
How to view and delete series photos on iPhone
Whether you were using burst mode or your finger was too long on the shutter, you’ll want to see the pictures you took. To view all the photos in a burst, follow these steps.
- Go to Photos Media Splash Types,
- Open the package you want to view.
- Press Select,
- Swipe left and right to see all photos.
- Select the ones you want to save and tap Done,
- Tap Save Only X Favorites to save only the photos you’ve selected, or Hold All to save a blast as well.
Save the photos you’ve selected to your Photo Film as individual images. When you choose Save only X Favorites deletes the original package, so you won’t see it in the Splash Album anymore.
If you’re sure you don’t want any photos from the series, you can delete them just like you would regular iPhone photos:
- Go to Photos Media Types Bursts,
- Press Select,
- Select the package you want to delete.
- Click on the trash icon.
- Confirm by pressing Delete X photos,
This is it. You’ve moved the splash to Recently Deleted Album, where it will stay for 30 days if you change your mind.
You can see the EXIF by opening the file properties: go into “Explorer”, right-click on the desired photo, and in the context menu that appears, select “Properties” and in the window that appears. the “Details” tab. There are sites that allow you to upload an image and see its metadata expanded online.
Open the desired photo or video in the iPhone gallery and click “Share. Select the option “Save to files.”. A pop-up window will appear asking where to save the file. This will also display the name of the file.
- Open the “Photos” program.
- Click the Photos tab ( ) to view your photos.
- Go to the “Albums” tab ( ) to view My albums, Shared albums, People and places, Media types, and Other albums.
Go to Settings [your name], then tap iCloud. Select “Storage.”. Click “Backups. Tap the name of the device you’re using, then browse photos.
How to view photos in iCloud from your iPhone
iCloud cloud storage ties Apple devices together, allowing you to sync and transfer files. The technology saves memory on your smartphone or tablet because media, including music and photos, is uploaded to the company’s third-party servers. You can access your downloaded files in several ways. Sign in on your PC and Apple devices. This article describes how to view photos in iCloud from your computer and website.
Set up iCloud storage
Before viewing photos and other files via iCloud, you need to enable synchronization, as well as activate a number of features in the gadget settings. Follow these steps to set up the cloud on your Apple device:
- Open “Settings”.
- Go to iCloud.
- In the proposed list select the information that you want to synchronize with the servers.
- Now we make a detailed configuration of photo synchronization.
- Choose the most appropriate way: “Optimize storage on iPhone. This will allow you to save memory on your device, because when you activate this option, all your photos will be automatically sent to iCloud servers and deleted from the gadget memory. If you choose “Save original” the created photos will be stored both on the Icloud servers and in the device memory.
- You can also enable the “Upload to my photostream” option. New photos will be automatically sent to all other gadgets that are synchronized with your account.
- Turn on the option “Upload photos of series“. Only selected photos will be sent to other devices synchronized with yours.
- Now let’s activate “Share icloud photos”, to show your photos to other users of the repository. It also gives you the ability to view other users’ snapshots.
- Only 5GB of cloud storage is available by default. When they are full, you will be notified that there is not enough space while trying to sync gadgets with iCloud.
- If you see that you will not have enough 5 GB, then it is worth to go back to the general list of settings and click on the “Main” tab.
- Open “Statistics” subsection.
- Go to “iCloud storage”.
- Click on “Change storage plan”.
- A list of available packages of space will be displayed in the cloud storage. Choose the one that suits you best according to the cost/GB criteria, click “Buy,” and then follow the on-screen instructions.
After making all the iCloud settings and syncing your device to the cloud servers, you can watch all the photos through any of your gadgets.
How to back up your iPhone to iCloud
How to transfer contacts from Google Gmail to iCloud