How to watch video from your iPhone on TV
The development of technology does not stand still. When televisions began to have an operating system, it greatly expanded the list of features of this device. In addition to accessing the Internet, downloading applications, installing games for TV, it is now possible to synchronize TV with your mobile device. You can now view photos and listen to music from your smartphone or tablet from your TV screen, which is much more comfortable to do on a larger screen.
Let’s take a look at exactly how you can watch videos from your iPhone on your TV.
To the TV via cable
This is what Apple’s official Digital AV Lightning Adapter looks like
What you need: a digital AV adapter Lightning, HDMI cable
▪️ The adapter will also give you the ability to output an image from your iPhone to a monitor or projector ▪️ The image is transferred over the wire with almost no delay ▪️ You can simultaneously charge your iPhone and output an image
Not many people know, but the iPhone can be connected to a real HDMI, which will help you bring the image from its screen to any supported device: TV, monitor, projector.
You just need to connect one end of the adapter to the iPhone, stick in the second HDMI and connect it to the desired device. In addition to the adapter, you would only need a digital multimedia cable.
You can also plug a Lightning cable into the adapter to charge your iPhone if it suddenly runs out of power, and use the whole bunch together.
Imagine what a multimedia center you could turn your relatively old iPhone into. I’m even thinking about doing some of these interesting experiments with my backup 7.
Viewing your phone screen on your TV can come in handy in a variety of ways. For example, if the user wants to see photos and videos on a big screen TV or watch a movie from the phone with the company. It’s easy enough to do this. There are many ways to do this.
The main options for displaying the phone image on the TV screen:
- HDMI or analog cable;
- DLNA technology;
- Chromecast media player;
- Apple TV set-top box;
- additional software.
Each of the ways of connection is convenient in its own way. The user must choose what suits him best. But first we must take a closer look at each option.
Using DLNA technology
DLNA stands for “home digital networking alliance”. There are two types of connection using this technology: wired via the Internet and wireless via Wi-Fi. In order to use this technology, you will need to download the Twonky Beam software to your iPhone.
On the TV, depending on its manufacturer, you will also have to install a special application. One has to install Smart Share for LG TV and AllShare for Samsung TV. There are also similar applications, such as iMediaShare, TV Assist, Belkin MediaPlay.
If the user is not sure which program suits his TV, he can try to install several apps to test their functionality.
Once the application is installed, it should be launched on both devices and the iPhone should be connected to the TV. Then the files can be selected and viewed on the TV. Also the program has a function of transmitting the image to the TV, which means that everything that will happen in the phone, the user will see on the TV screen.
If both the iPhone and TV support the Wi-Fi Direct function, the user can connect the devices using it. This way is much easier and more convenient, because you do not have to download additional applications. To enable the function, it is necessary to enter the phone settings, find the section “wireless networks and connections”, find the name of the function and press “enable”. Next, you must find the same option on the TV, most often it is located in the settings in the “Network” section. Select your iPhone in the list of devices and connect. When the connection is established, the TV screen will duplicate the display of your smartphone.
Via HDMI or analog cable
If the TV is not equipped with Wi-Fi module or if the user has no possibility to connect to it from the phone, it is possible to connect the smartphone via wires. An analog cable or HDMI cable is useful for this. The wire should be chosen so that it was possible to connect the smartphone and the TV without problems, because if the devices do not have suitable connectors, then it will not work.
To activate the image transmission, you should unplug the TV and turn off your iPhone. After that, connect both devices with cables, and then turn on again. If everything is done correctly, the connection will appear automatically, and the image will start streaming on the screen.
Via USB cable
The USB connector is present in almost all modern devices, so this method is one of the easiest. Firstly you should connect your smartphone and TV set via USB cable and then go to TV settings. In the settings you need to select USB as a signal source, and then wait until the connection is established.
Unfortunately, using this method it is not possible to watch TV programs via smartphone or to transmit the display image to the screen. The only thing this option can be useful for is viewing media files stored in the phone’s memory. For example, you can download a movie to your phone and watch it on the TV screen.
Via Chromecast media player
Although Chromecast was created by Google, it can also be used on the iPhone. With it, you can both download various videos and connect to transfer content from the Internet. You can also use the media player to display the image from your smartphone display on the TV screen.
The media player looks like a small device with multiple connectors for connecting your phone and TV. Connection is very simple: just connect your smartphone and TV with special cables, install the desired program on your iPhone, and configure the connection.
This method is similar to the one that involves using the Apple TV set-top box. The only difference is the cost, the Chromecast media player is much cheaper than the Apple set-top box. All you need to do is to use the Flipps app in order to watch YouTube videos on your phone.
The app is installed on your iPhone from the Appstore. Then you need to run the program, connect your smartphone and TV to the same Wi-Fi network. Use the app to find the model name of your TV. Then start the video on YouTube and wait until it appears on the TV screen.
Using an Apple TV set-top box
The set-top box should be connected with the appropriate cables to both devices. After that the AirServer or Reflector app should be installed on the iPhone. Here you need to find the name of the TV model and set the connection. After that you need to check the set-top box operability. Within a few minutes after connection the connection should be established and the image appears on the screen.
Using additional software
Among other things, you can transmit images from iPhone to TV using a Miracast adapter. The device should be connected to the TV and configured accordingly. After that on the iPhone it is necessary to run the function “Repeat screen”. Usually it is located in the bottom panel of the phone, but if it is not there, you can search in the settings.
After the function is activated, from the list of available devices, select the name of the model of your TV. Once the connection is established, the user will see the image from the phone on the TV screen. If something is done incorrectly and the image is not displayed, then it is necessary to repeat the above steps.
Remember that TV and phone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
If TV set has no Wi-Fi module the phone can be connected to it only via transmitter. It’s quite easy and comfortable way which reminds DLNA technology. It is necessary to buy transmitter in any electronics store and do not forget to buy appropriate wires for connection. Then you should connect your devices via a transmitter, install the Flipps or iMediaShare app on your smartphone. It is necessary to go to the application and connect to the TV. Once the connection is established, the user can easily view media files from the smartphone on the TV.
5 Legal iOS Apps You Have Never Heard Of To Watch Live TV On Your iPhone and iPad TodayIFeelLike
Many users say that after connecting to the transmitter, their TV is slower.
Each connection method has its advantages and disadvantages, so here is a table showing the advantages and disadvantages of each option.
The way Pros of Cons DLNA Convenient technology that requires no additional software If the signal strength is not high enough, it will not connect HDMI or analog cable Budget way, available for almost every device The user may not find the right cable, damage to cables is not excluded Chromecast media player or Apple TV Convenient way to connect to TV from your smartphone is with a couple of clicks Expensive software which must be bought separately Transmitter The transmitter is relatively inexpensive and no additional software is required for its connection Most televisions are slower once the transmitter is connected because of the extra load
How to display the iPhone screen on TV
Synchronizing the two devices will transfer data from your phone to TV. The list of capabilities of the devices can be easily expanded with additional devices and built-in features. Among the existing methods there are 7 simple ways.
Using DLNA technology
Data transmission technology allows you to share information over wireless networks. DLNA-module is present in almost all modern TV with Smart option. The principle of operation of the function is similar to Bluetooth, without the use of additional equipment or applications. After enabling the option on your smartphone and TV will activate the mode “Wi-Fi Direct”.
- On the receiver finds the phone in the list, sends a connection request.
- Activate Wi-Fi Direct on the smartphone.
- Controls are performed with iPhone, and the duplication of actions takes place on a widescreen.
- If the TV model does not support the technology, you will have to install programs. The free versions have a lot of advertising, which is not always convenient.
Via HDMI or analog cable
The traditional wired technology is more reliable than the broadcast over Wi-Fi. Every modern TV model has HDMI ports, which allow you to transmit a clear image at high speed. The picture is displayed on the widescreen with the direct connection of the devices through the connector.
Clips play without delays and slowdowns on all Smart receivers. Broadcast without additional software on your phone and TV. The user will need to purchase a Lightning Digital AV adapter and AV Apple cable. The connection algorithm is as follows:
- Disconnect power to the equipment.
- Insert the wire with one side into the HDMI jack on the TV and the other side into the adapter.
- The adapter is connected to your smartphone. If the connection has been made correctly, the connection will automatically appear when the devices are turned on.
- Manual installation is carried out in the settings of the iPhone and TV. In the menu activate the transmission of HDMI technology.
If your TV does not have a high-speed connector, then you must use an analog jack, a cinch cable, and a Lightning Digita adapter for VGA. Plug the cable plugs into the connectors. Phone is connected to the design through the adapter. Connection appears automatically after turning on the technique.
The equipment can be set up manually. The TV options select the smartphone as the signal source. On the iPhone include on early models, the gadget will offer a list of apps to play, and in the latter, the image is duplicated on the TV screen. Thirty pin and composite jacks do not work with Full HD format.
Through the USB-cable
The method is used to view pictures, clips and pictures, which are located on the iPhone in the “Files” section. The gadget acts as a flash drive, so the image is viewed only on the TV screen:
- The smartphone is connected to the TV using the cable included in the package.
- A wire is inserted into the Lightning jack on the device and USB on the TV.
- In order for the devices to automatically recognize the connection, it is necessary to de-energize the devices during operations.
It is possible to view files from other iPhone folders only after jailbreak. Hacking firmware allows the user access to all sections of the OS. Applications for changing processes download from unofficial sources. Advanced functionality blocks updates and gadgets lose warranty. If something happens to your phone, the presence of plugins in the device will be a reason to deny free service.
Via Chromecast media player
To view streaming content, use a device from Google. Unlike the Apple TV set-top box, the device has a limited set of options. Compact gadget looks like a flash drive with an HDMI connector. Data exchange between devices is carried out using Wi-Fi wireless technology.
To output an image from iPhone to TV, you need to download Google Home or Streamer for Chromecast from the App Stor store to your smartphone.
The method works only with YouTube and Play Movies and Music. The device sends requests and files are downloaded from the Internet. Often the broadcast is interrupted or brakes.
Using the Apple TV set-top box
The device is used to display images, music and videos from a smartphone or tablet on the TV screen. If the TV does not have a Smart module, the device opens access to Apple resources. The small set-top box transmits streaming information without storing data on the hard drive. Fast device supports HD, Full HD with no loss of sound and does not delay the picture.
To connect your TV to your smartphone you need to update the firmware on your iPhone and Apple TV beforehand. Outdated versions of software often cause errors when syncing devices. The set-top box is connected to the TV with an HDMI cable or a normal “cinch” wire.
If the receiver model supports wireless communication, then activate the Wi-Fi module:
- iPhone and Apple TV connect to each other via Wi-Fi.
- In the settings of the device you open the “Devices” section, find your smartphone in the list of paired devices.
- A window appears on the display and the login code comes to your phone. To not have to enter the password every time, you must disable the prompt in the options.
- For wireless streaming of media content on Apple gadgets use AirPlay technology.
- After activating the option, the iPhone turns on the “Screen Replay” mode, which transmits the picture to the TV. If you run the video on your phone, the picture is duplicated on the TV screen.
The iPhone can be used as a remote control. The app is automatically added when you update your Apple TV software to the latest version, or you can download AppleTV Remote from the App Store. The software is located in the settings section of the control.
Expensive Apple TV set-top box can be replaced with budget models. Russified AmazonFire TV is connected to the receiver via HDMI and the connection with the phone is performed via Wi-Fi:
- In the player settings choose the scanning option.
- In the drop-down list specify the available device. iPhone is used as an external memory, and broadcasting passes without brakes and delays.
- For convenience we recommend to use Alexa voice assistant.
The image can be transmitted from your smartphone to Roku TV. Disadvantage of the console is a bad Russification. The device is connected to the TV via HDMI, and the iPhone connection is created via Wi-Fi. The device will quickly detect available gadgets, offering the user a list for pairing. For the manual configuration of the iPhone is better to install the application of the same name from the App Stor.
Using additional software
To display the image on the panel, you need to connect your smartphone and TV to the same wireless network (router). For iPhone, you can download the free program Twonky Beam from App Stor. Turn on the TV, launch the software on the smartphone, and select the desired model from the list of devices.
Allcast TV is a handy application that allows the user access to the YouTube service. Install software from Ep-Store, launch it on the gadget and activate the TV icon. Specify the type of media files and the place of playback.
If you install the AirBEAM TV app on the panel, you can broadcast from your phone when AirPlay is enabled:
- Connect the devices to the router.
- Run the program on the iPhone.
- Choose a receiver model from the list.
- Controls are performed on the gadget’s display, and the actions are duplicated on the screen panel.
The software is paid (5) and not suitable for all panels. We recommend using a stripped-down version to check compatibility with the TV before purchasing.
Using the transmitter
If the TV does not have a Wi-Fi module, then purchase a special device. The compact device looks like a flash drive and works with models that have a high-definition multimedia interface. Defender Smart Transmitter is an intermediate between TV and gadget. The device is connected to the HDMI connector of the receiver and wirelessly to the iPhone.
To automatically receive settings from the App Stor store, you install the Flipps app on your smartphone:
- Launch the program, select the name of the TV model.
- To display an image on the screen, you must specify the media files saved in the phone memory.
- The control window looks like a usual digital player with rewind and start/pause buttons.
How to display the image from iPhone on TV without Apple TV
Most modern TVs support the DLNA standard, which allows the content to be transmitted within the local network. This way to connect your iPhone to the big screen is good for viewing photos, listening to music and watching videos. To connect, you need to download and install one of the applications available in the App Store, such as AllCast or iMediaShare. The programs are free, and the paid versions differ only in the absence of advertising inserts.
Thanks to such programs, connecting the iPhone to the TV is not difficult, but it is important to keep in mind that both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network, because otherwise the iPhone simply does not recognize the TV as a streaming device. Next, you need to create a pair by simply selecting the desired device in the application, and then select the content that you want to stream on the screen in the program. These can be movies or TV series from different streaming services, or media files stored in the iPhone memory. By the way, and if you have not decided which iPhone to buy, Go to and read about it in our review.
Not all televisions are equipped with Wi-Fi module, and do not support the above applications, so in this case it will be appropriate to use a TV adapter that supports the already mentioned AirPlay protocol. The cost of such an adapter can not be called high, in addition, there are different models on sale. So if you are interested in how to output an image from the iPhone to the TV without Wi-Fi, then the adapter that connects to the HDMI connector allows you to do this, but for the full work of such a connection on the phone you will also need to install one of the special applications.
This method of broadcasting content from a smartphone to the big screen has several disadvantages:
How to connect an iPhone to a TV
- It is impossible to display images directly and watch online broadcasts;
- Involving the hardware capabilities of the final output device, which in the case of some TV models can seriously slow them down.
How to connect iPhone to LG TV
Connect iPhone to a LG TV can be several ways, it depends on the model of your TV and the purpose for which you connect your smartphone.
All LG Smart TVs are equipped with Wi-Fi module so it’s the easiest way to connect your iPhone to the TV.
- Install free LG Smart Share app on your TV.
- Install the Twonky Beam app on your iOS device.
- Check the app to show or hide the visual indicators at the edge of the screen.
- Choose the video file you want to output from your smartphone to the big screen LG TV.
- Playback starts when the word beaming appears
An alternative is the iMediaShare app.
Connecting your iPhone to the USB input on your LG TV is easy, all you need is a USB cable from your iPhone. In this case, the device will also charge from the TV! But with this connection, you can use your iPhone only as a storage device, you can view videos and photos stored in memory, but not to transmit live soccer game broadcasts or video calls from Skype.
If you have a special adapter for your smartphone you can connect it to your LG TV directly with an HDMI cable. The adapter for iPhones with the old connector is called the Digital AV Adapter, for iPhones 5 and newer you need the AV Adapter Lightning. Connect the devices with HDMI cable, and then the connection should be made automatically. If not, activate HDMI as a signal source on your TV.
Connect via another standard
If you’re using an older model LG TV that doesn’t have an HDMI input, you can still stream video from your iPhone to the composite input. Use a USB AV cable (iPhone 4 and up) or the VGA Lightning adapter (for iPhone 5).
You can also connect your iPhone to your LG TV with special Google Chromecast or Apple TV set-top boxes.
Connecting your iPhone to the TV allows:
- View video footage from your phone, running movies, shows, TV shows and other video content on the big screen.
- Immerse yourself in iOS games on the big screen.
- Create and watch presentations on a large display.
- Seize the Internet on a larger display.
- View your photo feed without leaving the gallery of your smartphone.
- Use the TV audio output to listen to music loudly.
- Displaying video of a person making a call.
There are quite a few practical ways to connect the iPhone to the TV. Thanks to it, you can consume content with great comfort or do other interesting things.
If we talk about the methods of connection, there are two main types, which allow you to create a connection between the iPhone and duplicate the image on the TV:
The category of wired methods includes methods and technologies where any type of cable or cord will be used. These can include HDMI, analog, RCA, or DLNA.
Wireless can be connected via Wi-Fi network or using a special application AirPlay.
The first wired method, which we want to talk about, is the connection via USB. In this particular case, the USB connector has been replaced by the Lightning connector, which is an in-house development of Apple. So to connect using this method you will need a standard USB-Lightning cable. You won’t be able to duplicate the picture from the iPhone to the TV, or control it that way, but it will detect the smartphone as a flash drive, and then you can play a movie or watch a photo.
The connection algorithm will consist of 3 steps:
- Connect the iPhone to the TV using this wire;
- In the menu of the TV-device you will need to select the source of the USB connector;
- After a few seconds, the devices will be paired, after which the smartphone will appear as a flash drive.
Another wired method is the connection via HDMI. Its advantage will be the possibility of launching media files and the duplication of the screen. However, here you will need to apply a special adapter Digital AV Adapter or Lightning to HDMI MiraScreen, depending on the model of smartphone.
If you’ve already purchased it, the connection will follow the following algorithm.
- Connect the adapter to the iPhone;
- Attach the HDMI cable to the opposite end of the adapter. There is no difference which side it will be attached to the adapter;
- Insert the other end of the HDMI cable into the appropriate slot on the TV. It is equipped with almost all modern devices and even those that do not have the Smart TV function.
- Turn on the TV and set the appropriate signal source. To do this, you will need to enter the menu and find the item with the word HDMI. There is also an alternative. press the button Source or Input on the remote control. A number of models have several connectors of the type in question, so the menu may contain several such items. Here you will have to switch between them to find the right one. When it is done, a picture will appear on the screen.
- If done correctly, the TV should sync the image with the phone, then the connection is complete. If you’re using a 4th generation iPhone model, you’ll be able to see file playback icons on the TV after the sync is complete, rather than the device’s screen.
If we talk about wireless methods of connection, the first method is AirPlay. This technology allows you to send the content of your smartphone to the screen and duplicate the iPhone display on TVs that support Smart TV. The main thing is that the TV must support AirPlay.
To repeat the image from the phone on the TV, do the following steps:
- connect your devices to the same Wi-Fi network;
- On the iPhone, find “Screen Repeat” in the settings;
- Find the desired Smart TV in the list that appears;
- The TV will display a password that you need to enter on your smartphone.
When this is done, the image from the iPhone will also appear on the TV. As soon as you need to complete the picture transmission, you just need to select “Stop Repeating” in the “Repeat Screen” menu.
The next wireless method is using Wi-Fi. A number of TVs are equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi module, making it possible to connect your iPhone without too much difficulty. In order to transfer the picture to the screen, you should:
- Install a special application on the TV, which is free (usually each manufacturer provides such software in its store);
- You will need to install the iMediaShare application on your smartphone, which can be found in the Apple Store;
- Now we connect the devices in one Wi-Fi network;
- Enter iMediaShare and check the option Show or hide the visual indicators at the edge of the screen;
- Now select the content we are interested in, the display of which needs to be transferred to the TV;
- we press the “Bearning” button.
The third wireless method. connection via Apple TV. Here we will also use Wi-Fi. Before you begin the connection process, make sure you have updated your system to the latest version. The connection process is as follows.
- Go to the menu of Apple TV, find “Remote controls and devices” in “Settings”.
- Connect your iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network as the set-top box, and hold it up to it.
- You will see a “pairing” message on your smartphone display.
- Now we must enter the pin-code, which will be displayed on the TV screen. To avoid having to enter it every time, you should uncheck “Ask for AirPlay password” in the security settings of the set-top box.
This completes the connection process.
Another wireless method is Google Chromecast. It will be useful for TV models that do not have a Wi-Fi-adapter. This device can be purchased. It looks like a simple flash drive. The connection process consists of several steps.
- Plugging Google Chromecast into the HDMI port on your TV.
- We install the software on the iPhone called Google Home.
- Connect the devices in the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the above-mentioned application on your phone. There you will need to go to your Google account.
- The app must find devices in auto mode that can be paired with and provide a list. After that, choose a TV and click on the “Next” button.
- The TV will display a code that you will need to enter in the application on your smartphone, and then the devices will synchronize.
How to stream from your iPhone to your TV
Information can be transmitted to the TV through wireless and wired connections, with special apps and add-on devices and decoders.
Because you can watch videos from your iPhone on your TV using several options. Let’s look at each method in more detail and determine their pros and cons.
Duplicating the screen from your iPhone to your TV through a wireless HDMI receiver
Every modern TV set has one or more HDMI ports. This technology allows you to transmit high quality video data at high speed.
How to Connect iPhone to TV Screen Mirror! (2021)
You can output video from your iPhone by directly connecting a cable between your phone and the HDMI port on your TV. You can even show movies in high quality without delay. And this is available for all Smart TVs and regular TVs with the appropriate connector regardless of model: LG, Samsung, Sony, etc.
No need to install additional software, but you’ll need Apple Lightning (or a 30-pin connector for earlier models) and an HDMI/VGA port. But, accordingly, you need to buy an Apple AV cable and a Lightning Digital AV adapter.
- The equipment is disconnected;
- Connect one cable to your TV’s HDMI port and the other to your AV adapter;
- Connect the adapter to your iPhone;
- Both devices should now be turned on;
- After power on, the necessary connection should appear automatically.
If the automatic installation did not happen, do the following manually. Activate HDMI transmission in the iPhone settings and on the TV, select an HDMI source that is enabled (if more than one port is available).
Of the disadvantages, it can be noted that you need a special wire and adapter to connect, fortunately, the market offers a variety of options. And the presence of a wire reduces the comfort of using this method.
If you do not have access to an HDMI connector, you can use a composite connector (otherwise known as a tulip) and the Apple Lightning VGA adapter. This option is suitable if the TV is equipped with an analog input.
The order of operations is as follows:
- Connect the adapter to your iPhone.
- Connect the cable to the TV (each plug must be plugged into the appropriate outlet). On the VGA cable, the audio input is connected separately.
- Once the devices are connected, the settings should load automatically. If not, you will need to configure the settings manually.
- Switch the TV to the desired input signal. To do this, in the TV settings, select iPhone as the signal source.
- Now you can turn on the video on your phone. over, earlier iPhone models will only display programs that play media content, while later models will duplicate the screen.
The composite and 30-pin connector does not support full HD transmission
Broadcast your iPhone screen to your TV using DLNA
First, we need to connect your iPhone or iPad to the same network of your home router I think you shouldn’t have any difficulty with this. Similarly, connect your TV to the same network, this can be done via WI-FI or cable connection. In addition, the TV must support DLNA technology information about this can be found in the documentation or on the Internet.
Then you need to go to the AppStore, find and download the program:
Once launched, click on the broadcast button in the upper right corner.
Choose a file: photo, video or music. You can also do the reverse first select the file and then do a duplicate screen. The program is free, but it has ads, if you want to get rid of them, you will have to buy the program.
The principle of the application is about the same as in the past you select a file and then broadcast it to the TV, which should appear in the list of devices.
Most likely everyone knows about this service if you don’t have it, you can also download it from the AppStore. After launching, open any video, and then click on the button with the image of the screen and the wave.
NOTE! If there is no button, it means that the TV is not enabled or does not support this technology.
Then select AirPlay and Bluetooth Devices.
Now we select our TV from the list and connect to it.
Broadcast the picture to the TV from your iPhone using a USB cable
The following method requires the USB cable that was included when you bought your iPhone. Or you have to buy a new one.
The iPhone screen can be displayed on the TV screen as follows:
- First, you need to connect your tech to each other.
- Your smartphone will then display a window with the option to Recognize as a USB Mass Storage Device. Click on it.
- Then set the TV to read multimedia files (change this with the remote control by pressing in the settings Multimedia, Home, Source, USB depending on the company that makes your device).
- Change the file format: to photo, audio, video.
Connecting your iPhone to your TV via WI-FI
What you will need to establish a wireless network connection:
The right module is built into almost all modern TV models, but it’s lacking in older and cheaper TVs. To verify that your device is capable of playing the signal sent directly from your iPhone, check the user manual or on the package. If it mentions SmartTV technology, you can safely use the iPhone connection method described below. Otherwise, it is recommended to choose another connection method. This technology is implemented in the iPhone by default, so you don’t need to make sure it’s supported.
The first step in connecting your iPhone to the TV can be done in one of the following ways:
- Using a Wi-Fi router, you connect your TV and iPhone to a shared network.
- Direct connection is achieved by activating the Wi-Fi Direct option. To do this, you need to activate it on both the phone and the TV. On the TV, the corresponding item is available under Apps. Or in the general menu.
Also Read: How to connect your phone to your TV: 8 ways to connect your smartphone to your TV
Now let’s take a closer look at how to connect your iPhone to the TV via Wi-Fi for playback
- Download and open one of the apps on your iPhone that lets you stream shows directly to your TV. You can use iMediaShare or one of its later counterparts, such as Belkin MediaPlay.
- Select the file you want to play on the wide screen from the list of available media and start watching. Don’t disconnect your wireless connection until playback is complete, or you won’t be able to finish the transfer.
Using the Chromecast media player
This device also allows you to display videos and photos on televisions. The device, released by Google, looks like a large flash drive and acts as an external Wi-Fi receiver. Serves TV users without built-in wireless network modules.
The stick is similar in many ways to the functionality of the Apple TV set-top box: it gives you the ability to connect to various resources on the Internet. The main difference is that it is much cheaper.
With Chromecast, playing back images on your TV is as easy as using DLNA. To do this, you need:
This method requires the purchase of a more expensive accessory. Specifically, the AppleTV decoder. Depending on its capacity. It is sold in the official Apple store.
To get full functionality, you need to pair the set-top box and smartphone in the same Wi-Fi network. Prerequisite: you must have the latest version of iOS, otherwise there may be conflicts between the devices. In addition, this method is not suitable for owners of iPhone models below 4. This option has many advantages:
- Using two devices in the same Apple ecosystem provides more options;
- Controlling the action on your TV via Apple TV is much more convenient;
- Watch content in high resolution up to 4K;
- you can duplicate your phone’s display on the big screen;
- Paired devices support high Wi-Fi signal strength.
The disadvantage is the cost of purchasing this device. But don’t forget that you not only get an adapter to the TV, but also a whole decoder to watch unique content.