Tell me, I have a problem with a new laptop (he is 1 month.). I clearly hear a light hum at night when you start the WOT game (tanks). the volume of the hum is growing, and over time the laptop is already buzzing like a tractor! It bothers me very much, t.to. it happens that loved ones are already sleeping (and I get it from it. ).
Is it possible to somehow reduce the noise? I can’t pass the laptop under the warranty, more than 2 weeks have passed after buying the device (it so happened that I did not check the device completely, t.to. left).
Alexey, I want to say right away that the noise-shum is discord. over, if there was no noise earlier, but now it has appeared, this can signal the appearance of hardware problems with the device.
In your case, most likely, when buying, you simply did not pay attention to the features of the laptop. However, something can still be done.
In this article I will touch on the main reasons why the laptop can make noise, and what can be done with this.
What can make noise in a laptop: we eliminate the reasons
I want to say right away that there are much fewer mechanical devices in the laptop than in PC, from which there may be noise. On the one hand, this fact helps to quickly determine the source, on the other hand, due to the compactness of the device, it is not always easy to eliminate the cause.
Probably the largest source of noise that is in most classic laptops.
As a rule, if you do not load a strong device (t.e. Do not launch games on it, watching high.quality video and similar tasks). then his work is almost silent. Although a small rumble is heard on some laptops if you approach the side ventilation holes on the device case.
The most insidious source of noise. Firstly, some models can easily click and crack when working (some models do it at a load). You can hear this noise only in complete silence (t.e. at night in silence 100% will annoy).
Secondly, this is not a warranty case, and for the replacement of the device for this reason you will be refused.
Also, with a high load on the disk. a barely noticeable rumble can be heard, like from the noise of the cooler.
It makes a fairly loud noise when working: there is a rumble from rotation of the disk and light crackling. By the way, many users forget to just remove the discs from it, and the laptop often promotes the disk in the tray and noise appears.
What is the policy of cooling the system?
System cooling policy allows you to choose a cooling method for your computer running Windows. Two cooling methods are available.
- Active Settings: Active Setting provides the best performance by increasing the speed of the Acer laptop fan until the processor is slowed down.
- Passive Settings: Passive Setting helps to make a fan quieter when it constantly works, by slowing the processor before increasing the speed of the Acer laptop fan.
Before we move on to methods, it is important to note that you can use them to control both Acer Nitro 5 and Acer Aspire 7, as well as any other Acer laptop.
So, if you are looking for how to control the speed of rotation of the Acer Nitro 5 or Acer Aspire 7 fan, do not look for further.
What should I do to control the speed of the Acer laptop fan?
- Click “Change the settings of the plan”.
- Then click “Change the additional power parameters”.
- After that, click the plus icon in the “Processor power management” section on the “Additional Parameters” tab.
- Choose a system cooling policy in the menu. Click the arrow down in the section “System cooling policy”.
- Finally, select “active” in the menu to increase the speed of the processor fan. Then click on the OK button
- Launch/reboot the Acer laptop.
- Then, depending on the manufacturer of your motherboard, you will need to press the DEL key several times. F2. F10 and F12 to download the BIOS menu.
- Using the arrow keys, go to the “Monitor” or “condition” option.
- Then open “Fan speed control”, then select “Fan Control Settings”.
- Select the fan, the speed of which you want to change, and then select the desired speed from the list. Click Enter and save the settings.
Speedfan adjustment (universal version)
Free multifunctional utility that allows you to control the temperature of the components of the computer, as well as monitoring the work of coolers. By the way, this program “sees” almost all the coolers installed in the system (in most cases).
In addition, you can dynamically change the speed of rotation of PC fans, depending on the temperature of the components.
All variable values, statistics of work, etc., The program saves a separate log-file. Based on them, you can see the graphs of changes in temperature, and fan rotation speeds.
Speedfan works in all popular Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 (32/64 Bits). supports the Russian language (for its choice, click the “Configure” button, then the “Options” tab, see. screenshot below).
The main window and appearance of the Speedfan program
After installing and launching the Speedfan utility. the Readings tab (this is the main window of the program. see. screenshot below). In my screenshot, I conditionally broke the window into several areas to comment and show what was responsible for.
- Block 1. the “CPU USAGE” field indicates the loading of the processor and its nuclei. Nearby are also located the “minimize” and “configure” buttons designed to turn the program and its configuration (respectively). There is also in this field “Automatic Fan Speed”. its purpose to automatically adjust the temperature (I will tell you about this just below);
- Block 2. here are the list of detected sensors of the speed of rotation of the coolers. Please note that they all have a different name (Sysfan, CPU FAN, etc.) and opposite everyone. their own value of RPM (t.e. rotation speed per minute). Some sensors show RPM by zeros. these are “garbage” values (you can not pay attention to them).
- By the way, in the names there are incomprehensible abbreviations for someone (deciphering just in case): CPU0 fan. The fan on the processor (t.e. Sensor from the cooler stuck in the CPU_FAN connector for the mat. board); AUX FUN, PWR FUN, etc. Similarly shown RPM fans connected to these connectors per mate. board;
- Block 3. The temperature of the components is shown here: GPU. Video card, CPU. Processor, HDD. HDD. By the way, there are also “garbage” values that should not be paid attention to (TEMP 1, 2, etc.). By the way, it is convenient to remove the temperature using AIDA64 (and others. specialist. utility);
- Block 4. but this block allows you to reduce/increase the speed of rotation of the coolers (sets as a percentage). Changing interest in columns Speed01, Speed02. You need to watch which cooler has changed the speed (t.e. What is what is responsible for).
The list of some indicators in Speedfan will not always coincide with the cooler with which it is signed. The whole thing is that some computers are connected (for one or another reasons), for example, the processor cooler is not in the CPU FAN nest.
Therefore, I recommend gradually changing values in the program and look at changes in the speed of rotation and temperature of the components (even better, open the roof of the system sides and visually watch how the fan speed changes).
Fan rotation setting in Speedfan
- As an example, he will try to adjust the rotation speed of the processor fan. To do this, you need to pay attention to the column “CPU 0 FAN”. it is in it that the RPM indicator should be displayed;
- Next, change the values in the columns “PWM1”, “PWM2” and others alternately. When the value has changed. wait a while, and see if RPM has changed, and temperature (see. screenshot below);
- When you find the desired PWM. adjust the speed of rotation of the cooler to the optimal number of revolutions (about the temperature of the processor I spoke here. I also recommend for familiarization).
If you want a “smart” mode of operation (t.e. so that the program dynamically changes the speed of rotation, depending on the temperature of the processor), then it is necessary to make the following (see. Screenshot below):
- Open the program configuration (approx.: button “configure”). then open the “speed” tab;
- Next, choose a line that is responsible for the cooler you need (you must first find it experimentally, as recommended in option 1, see. A little higher in the article);
- Now in the columns of “minimum” and “maximum” set the necessary values in percent and put a checkplace “Auto change”;
- In the main window of the program, put a checkplace opposite the paragraph “Auto.Remote Fan”. Actually, in this way, the speed of rotation of the coolers is regulated.
It is also advisable to go to the “temperature” tab and find the processor temperature sensor.
In its settings, set the desired temperature that the program will support and the temperature of the alarm. If the processor heats up to this alarming temperature, then Speedfan will begin to promote the cooler at full power (up to 100%)!
Using the MSI AFTERBURNER utility (video card cooler adjustment)
In general, this utility is designed to disperse video cards (however, in its arsenal it has options for recording videos, thin tackle of cooler, FPS output function, etc.).
Of course, I do not consider all the functions of the utility here, I will give only a brief solution to the current problem (by the way, MSI AFTERBURNER works not only on “MSI” devices).
1) After launching MSI AFTERBurner, you need to go into its settings. the “SETTINGS” button.
MSI AFTERBurner. Open the program settings
2) Further in the “Basic” tab, I would recommend a check with a box “launch with Windows”.
3) After, go to the Kuler tab and rearrange the control points on the graph according to your requirements. Cm. on the screen below: the first control point shows us that at a temperature of 40 ° C. the cooler will only work by 30% of its power.
Move control points for the right mode
Actually, you need to move 3-4 points only, and the case is “decided”!
Riva Tuner program
Another small but very convenient application designed to control and control the fan. It is also absolutely free and suitable for any version of Windows.
Changing the speed of rotation of the cooler with its help is quite easy, for this you need:
- Install and launch the application.
- Go to extended settings, then to the “FAN” section.
- You can control the cooler’s revolutions by moving special sliders (also in a percentage ratio).
- Adjusting them, click “OK” to use the entered settings.
After that, the laptop fan should start working constantly and at the indicated speed.
Lenovo LEGION Gaming Laptops | Lower Temperatures 100% Working
MSI AFTERBurner program
Professional free utility, designed primarily for overloking (dispersal) of cards from MSI, is suitable for both AMD and Intel. It provides us not small opportunities, starting from monitoring the state of the board and adjusting the voltage on the GPU up to control of the cooler.
I want to note that all the settings are on the first screen, which in my opinion is very convenient. In order to change the speed of the cooling system, you need to move the slider to the right in the “FAN SPEED” section.
For automatic adjustment, a separate “Auto” button is provided, after pressing it, the speed speed will vary depending on the load on the laptop video card.
Setting the speed of rotation of the cooler on a laptop
Fan or cooler (as it is also called) is designed to cool the details of the computer, which heat up during operation. However, it happens that there are no overheating of the parts, and the cooler works too actively, causing too much noise. There is also the opposite situation: when PC is heated, and the fan does not want to work at all. In this article we will figure out how to increase or, conversely, reduce the speed of rotation of the cooler on a laptop.
You can increase or decrease the fan speed by software
The fan speed itself is determined by the motherboard based on the settings located in BIOS. It just so turns out that these settings are not always optimal, and this, in turn, leads to the fact that the laptop either makes noise as if trying to fly up or heses so that you can burn yourself. This problem can be solved directly in BIOS or using third.party programs. Consider all methods.
Setting through BIOS may not seem very convenient, since this method does not always work as well as we would like. And if you need to set everything manually, on the go and quickly, then here BIOS is not an assistant at all. If you do not have a laptop, but a stationary computer, then the cooler may not be connected to the motherboard, which makes the configuration via BIOS at all impossible.
The most convenient option is to use special software to adjust the fan rotation speed. There are enough similar software products, there is even something to choose from.
A simple, good, and most importantly, free Speedfan program perfectly solves the task, in the article we will analyze this utility in detail due to its convenience and popularity. Its integration is quite simple for understanding, and therefore even the lack of Russification is unlikely to create any difficulties when working with it.
Speedfan installation is standard, we will not dwell on it. Immediately after the installation, the utility will collect all the necessary information about the fans installed on the computer and show it to you as a list.
Red are the areas of which should be paid attention to. The upper block indicates the rotation speed of each cooler in RPM (revolutions per minute), and in the lower. their parameters that can be adjusted. As for the upper unit, the CPU USAGE shows the processor workload level (separate scale for each nucleus). If you put a box on the Automatic Fan Speed, the rotation speed will be installed automatically. It is not recommended to use this function, due to its inefficiency. In the end, the program was installed not for automatic, but for manual setting. The window can also have the form:
If the fan is connected not to the motherboard, but to the power supply, then the values will not be displayed. There is no guilt in this, it was done by default. If you want the parameters to be displayed and all the coolers are determined, you will have to recover them to the motherboard.
You can adjust the rotation speed of each fan in a block with Speed parameters. Just set the values of the values in percent. It is extremely recommended to turn off any coolers, as this can lead to overheating and breakdown of the laptop.
In the event that you do not know which cooler does not work incorrectly, you need to change the speed value for each until you notice the difference by ear. Please note that the value you set in percent will not change depending on the level of workload.
Separate story. video card fan. It is this part of the laptop often heats up stronger than all, which means that the correct work of the cooler is especially important here. To configure the fan on the video card, the MSI AFTERBurner program is well suited. She works with all video cards, which makes it very comfortable. In this utility, by default, automatic speed setting is enabled. This function should be disconnected.
Using the slider, set the required speed value. All changes in work will be displayed on the schedule nearby. Thanks to this, it will be convenient for you to choose the optimal settings.
The MSI AFTERBurner utility has the ability to indicate the speed for certain temperatures. To set these values, press the Settings button, go to the “cooler” section. Here you need to put a box “turn on the software user abstract”, after which you can move points on the green line, setting the necessary speeds for the corresponding temperatures.
Step by step following these tips, you can easily regulate the operation of the fans in the computer. The main thing is to be careful when setting up so as not to disable any components of your PC. Read, try, write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев how much the article helped you, as well as possible difficulties in setting up.
Methods of solution
The functioning of the cooling system is fully dependent on the BIOS. It is worth taking into account the fact that according to factory settings, the cooling system does not work at full capacity, but only 50% for minimal electricity consumption and decreasing noise level. Almost all motherboards have the ability to manage coolers using special programs.
In order to forcefully turn on the cooler on the laptop, you can use one of the following methods:
When the settings changes, additional noise may appear and energy consumption will increase. That is why, first you should disassemble and carefully clean the laptop, including the cooling system, from the accumulated dust, which can be the initial cause of overheating.
All methods presented below are equally suitable for laptops of various companies (Samsung, HP, ASUS, LENOVO, etc.)
Turning on the cooler through BIOS
In order to start the cooler forcibly, it is enough to change some settings in BIOS’E.
- Enter the Power/Hardware Monitor menu.
- The value should be prescribed (indicated in the percentage), at what power it needs to work. Alternative. activation of the intellectual mode of operation. In this case, the system itself will determine the speed of rotation of the blades based on the load of CP.
- We save the settings and leave the BIOS.
The appearance of the “Hardware Monitor” section may have small differences, depending on the BIOS version. But the settings always remain the same type, so you can easily manually turn on the fan on the laptop and change its operating mode:
- CPU Temperature function. is responsible for the temperature of the processor, which the fan will support.
- The parameter “CPU FAN Speed”. indicates the speed of rotation of the cooler.
- CPU Q-FAN CONTROL-Intellectual mode of functioning. To activate it, the value of “enable” should be set.
Working parameters in intellectual mode:
- Silent. mode for saving energy and silent work.
- Standard. works at half the power.
- Performance and Turbo. maximum cooler speed.
Very popular free acceleration program. First of all, it is designed to monitor the temperature of all components, and one of its functions is the ability to monitor and change the speed of rotation of the fan. With its help, you can control the speed, depending on the needs and workload of the processor.
- Download, install and launch.
- By default, the utility has an English.speaking Inte Wee, but for convenience, you can change it to Russian. To do this, go to the Configure tab, then in Options, select the language and click OK;
- After that, in the “Indicators” tab, we set the required speed of rotation of the cooler (measurement measure. interest);
- Also, to improve the work, it is necessary to prescribe in the section “Configuration. Temperatures “recommended temperature for the hard drive and processor, within 42 degrees;
But this is only one way of those that allow you to disperse the cooler on the laptop.
You can increase the speed of the fan and using the BIOS. This is also done according to a certain scheme.
If you do not have experience working with BIOS, then it is better to entrust the work of an experienced master, otherwise the integrity of the system can be violated and the computer will simply stop loading.
It is necessary to do the following:
Control Fan Speeds With SpeedFan [Tutorial]
; To do this, reboot the computer and when loading, press the Del or Delete key. Also, depending on the manufacturer and the specific model (ASUS, Acer, etc.D.) F9 or F12 keys can be used.
- Next, go to the Power tab, and then go to the Hardware Monitor subsection;
- Here you can see the current speed and set the speed to the maximum or set the “intellectual mode”. Please note that the indicators are also declared as a percentage;
- We keep the BIOS settings and reboot.
The appearance of the settings may differ depending on the manufacturer of your laptop (Lenovo, Samsung, Packard Bell and D.p) and from the version of the BIOS.
For owners of laptops with an AMD processor, a special utility has been developed that allows not only to control the speed of the cooler rotation, but also allowing to change the settings of the entire chipset, thereby increasing PC performance.
To disperse the fan, it is necessary to perform the following:
- Download the program, install and start.
- After the launch, we move to the FAN CONTROL section, it is responsible for adjusting the fan speed, where you need to set the settings;
- Control is carried out using sliders, which are moved to a larger or smaller side;
- When the settings are set, they should be saved using the Apply key and press OK;
- Next, go to Preference and click on Settings and install a checkmark near the Apply My Last Settings and click OK. Thus, we will save the specified settings for automatic use at each launch of the OS.
After all the manipulations, the fan rotation will be completely under the control of the utility, and you no longer have to worry about anything.
Notebook FAN CONTROL
This program is perhaps one of the universal, she holds a lot of laptops for all supported laptops, you can see here, but even if your model is not, still download it and try a configuration file from other models: often manufacturers use similar coolers.
To start, you need to download it, start it, the Notebook FAN CONTORL program select your laptop from the list, then switch the service status to Enabled and we can configure the rotation speeds of the cooler.Speed setting is static and will not change automatically, as you set up and remain, even after rebooting the system. I do not recommend turning on the speed of 100% either. Windows will go into the blue screen. If something went wrong, you need to switch to the Read-Ony item, this will return the settings to standard.
Fan Speed by Dotshoot
Another interesting problem for increasing the speed of the cooler in it is only two operating modes for full and mindful. Of all the listed programs, only helped me.
- Download the FAN Speed by Dotshoot program itself
- We open the downloaded file FANED BY DOTSHOOT
- We go to the Launch_common_exe folder and click on Setup is installation
- Then restart the laptop and start the Fancontroller file after which a window will appear with two Full ON buttons to launch the fan to the full and normal return to the original state.
Cleaning the TEMP folder
The TEMP folder is designed to collect all unnecessary “garbage”. Unfortunately, among absolutely unnecessary files, viruses that negatively affect the operation of the laptop as a whole and its individual peripheral devices are often hidden. Experienced users strongly recommend that the TEMP folder be cleaned in a timely manner, unloading the system and preventing excessive noise that can make a fan.
You can clean the folder with temporary files in several ways. You can go to it by opening the C Lisk, and then, sequentially opening the users folders, then go to the user folder, it has a name that you have assigned a laptop at the time of installation of the operating system. Next, open the Appdata, Local folder, after which it will be easy to find the TEMP folder. Everything that is in it can be ruthlessly deleted.
By the way, viruses that functioned very secretly are often removed, so PC owner did not even notice them. Only after cleaning the TEMP folder can the user find that not only the fan began to work correctly, but all other tasks began to be performed quickly enough.
Cleaning from dust
Of course, it is impossible to withdraw from the accounts that the reason that the fan is buzzing very loudly can be banal dust, which penetrates inside, accumulates and settles with a large layer on the cooler’s blades, interfering with its correct work.
What to do in this case, probably, even a beginner is clear. It is important to clean the laptop, removing dust from all internal devices. A large amount of dust also provokes a situation in which the laptop is very hot for no apparent reason.
Removing dust with a wet rag is certainly strictly prohibited. You can use the services of the masters of the service center, who will quickly restore order. But you can also try your own strength and, following the instructions, to clean yourself.
Experienced users recommend independent cleaning only when the warranty period expired, otherwise the warranty will be lost. Cleaning is carried out on the turned off laptop, so make sure that it is not in sleeping mode.
All details are disconnected slowly, without subjecting them to additional pressure. Remove the back cover, using cotton sticks, remove the dust layer. And you can also use the air sprayer to blow off the dust from difficult places.
The purification process can take a lot of time, since it does not tolerate haste, but at the same time needs excessive accuracy. After the cleaning is completed, close the lid, tighten all the screws, only then connect the laptop.
If the reason was in dust, then after turning on the cooler will no longer be noise and nervous you. And you will also notice that the laptop is no more in the process of its operation.
It will be even more efficient to subject your laptop to completely clean, but only experienced users who can easily figure it out in the sequence of disassembly, disconnecting even small details, properly removing old thermal towers and putting new ones can do this.
The process of complete cleaning is accompanied by some difficulties, so in many cases it is better to entrust your equipment to experienced masters. Any awkward movement can damage both devices and microcircuits, then the problem is when the laptop heats up during operation and the fan rotates intensively, it will seem so small and very insignificant.
So, if the laptop cooler confuses you with your loud work, you can try to restore its correct work on your own. Stopping unwanted processes, deleting temporary files, and with them possible viruses, cleaning the cooler of dust, you will not only get a quiet, but also quick work of the laptop.