How to reset to factory settings on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro?
The need to do a factory reset on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro may be due to various reasons. For example, you are going to sell your smartphone and you do not want anyone to see your data.
But, most often, the reset has to be done, if the phone glitches and does not turn on. In this case, before you do a reset, with the article What to do if the phone does not turn on Redmi Note 3, perhaps the problem will be solved more easily.
If the above article did not help with the glitches, the instructions below will tell you how you can rollback Xiaomi Redmi Note to its original state, in other words, to make it Hard Reset. The instruction is equally suitable for models with 16 GB of memory, as well as for devices with 32 GB.
It is also suitable for any other smartphone from Xiaomi.
Please note that after restoring to factory settings, all contacts, applications and multimedia files will disappear from your phone. Therefore it is strongly recommended to make sure that you backup your copy of the “xiaomi” smartphone.
How to make a hard reset on the smartphone Redmi note 3
Electronic equipment, built on the Android operating system, allows you to perform the removal of individual parameters. The procedure of reset to factory settings allows you to delete personal files and other confidential information. Algorithm is applied before selling Xiaomi Redmi 3 hardware or in the case of failures caused by conflicting operating parameters.
Reset to factory settings (hard reset) for Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro phone
There are many reasons why you may need to perform a full reset of your Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro smartphone (Hard Reset). Usually this procedure is performed to restore the functionality of the system, which was disrupted by viruses, deletion of system files, “crummy” firmware update and many other things. Hard Reset is very easy to do on any smartphone, but you should be aware of the consequences of this action and be able to back up your system and files. We’ll cover all of this in detail below.
How to create a backup?
Warning! The reset will erase all the data on your Xiaomi Redmi 3 phone. If you haven’t backed up your contacts, pictures, videos, documents and everything else, you must do so, otherwise you will lose all the personal information that was on the device.
To avoid losing your data, follow these recommendations.
Xiaomi Redmi 3 Hard Reset
- Drop your photos, documents and videos to your computer using a USB cable. You can also use Google Photos to back up your photos, and for documents and folders you can use the cloud service Google Drive, but you can “pour” the number of files on it. You will have to pay to expand the storage.
- To avoid losing contacts and applications, set your preferences to sync with the cloud. Go to “System”. “Advanced”. “Backup. Turn on the backup function to your Google account.
Once you’re done with that, you can perform a Hard Reset of the Xiaomi Redmi 3.
How to do a full data reset on the phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro 32Gb from the settings menu?
Warning! Because of FRP (Factory Reset Protection, that is, reset protection) Android will ask for the account username and password that was fixed before the Hard Reset procedure. Therefore, if you plan to sell your smartphone, you have to sign out of your Google account (“Settings”. “Accounts”. “Google”. “Delete account”) before resetting, so that the person who gets your phone can activate his profile on it.
Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro Hard Reset
Given the wide range of Android phones and the complexity of describing the reset process for a particular model, we’ll show you a guide on three fundamentally different devices and firmware examples:
- Mi A1 on pure Android, which is also used in Nokia, Motorola, OnePlus (has a slightly revised system) and in all devices released pro Android One;
- Galaxy S7, which functions under Samsung Experience. Recall that the Korean corporation is the largest manufacturer of smartphones in the world, so it makes sense to show this shell as well;
- Redmi Note 5 on MIUI. Products of this company are in great demand in the CIS, so we couldn’t skip it.
The easiest way to perform a Hard Reset is through a special menu in the system settings. Once again note that the location and name of the items may vary slightly depending on the phone used. The main thing is to find the main category of recovery and reset.
Xiaomi Mi A1 (pure Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Click on the “Settings” icon in the app menu or launch them using the icon in the notification bar.
- Swipe down and go to the “System” section.
- Press “Reset”.
- Select “Delete all data” (“Reset to factory settings”).
- Confirm your intention by pressing the button at the bottom.
- Enter the PIN code of the device and click “Continue”.
- Select “Erase All.”.
Your device will reboot and you will have to go through the initial setup again, as if it was a new phone.
Samsung Galaxy S7 (Samsung Experience shell)
- Go to settings in your preferred way.
- Click on “General Settings” tab at the bottom.
- Select “Reset” (“Backup & Reset”).
- Click on “Reset Data.”.
- Press the blue reset button.
- Enter the PIN code of the device and press “Next.
- Click on “Reset All” (“Device Reset”).
Your phone will restart. It remains to configure it as you did after purchase.
Redmi Note 5 (MIUI firmware)
- Open “Settings.
- Go to the “Advanced Settings” window.
- Click on “Backup and reset”.
- Select “Reset Settings“.
- To delete absolutely all applications and files, select the “Clear internal memory” option.
- Now click on “Reset Settings” and enter your password, if you want.
Attention! As you can see, the main thing is to find the “Reset” section. To be sure that you will not have to “wander” through all the options in search of the right menu, it is easier to use the “Reset” command in the search box on the main page. Select the menu you are looking for from the suggested list and get right into it. Here is what to do, as described in the instructions.
Resetting Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro is performed as follows:
- Download the file to your computer by following the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Im8pBtgYYzVDqBZ6FGk66Y9pJRhmlEWt/view
- Launch it and click on the button in the center of the window.
- Wait for the boot.
- In the window of this program press the button in the bottom right corner.
- Click the Recovery button. At this point, the computer actions are completed.
- Pick up the phone, turn it off and afterwards, press the Power and Volume buttons together
- Keep holding this combination till the screen lights up, then release the Power button and keep holding down the Volume.
- Wait until the picture with the drawn wire appears on the phone screen. Release the button.
- Connect the phone to your PC with cable.
- After 5-10 seconds on the PC screen in the new appeared program window choose the third button from the top.
- Select the left button (reset confirmation).
- Wait until the picture with the wire will appear on the screen of your smartphone again.
- Press Power button on the phone for 5 seconds.
- Your phone boots up for the first time.
- You can close the program on your computer. Hard reset is done.
To reset your Xiaomi Redmi 4X smartphone, follow these steps:
- Download the file to your computer from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Im8pBtgYYzVDqBZ6Fk66Y9pJRhmlEWt/view
- Run it and in the center of the window that appears, click on a single button.
- Wait for the program to load.
- In the window of the program press the button in the right bottom corner.
- Click on Recovery button. This completes for now the computer actions.
- Take your phone, turn it off and then, press the Power and Volume buttons together
- Hold this combination until the screen lights up, then release the Power button, and continue to hold the Volume.
- Tap on the Recovery button on the phone.
- Touch blue button.
- Wait for the picture with the drawn wire to appear on the phone screen.
- Connect your phone to PC with cable.
- After 5-10 seconds, on your computer screen, in the new program window that appears, select the third button from the top.
- Press left button (confirm reset).
- We wait until the picture with the wire appears on the phone screen and we disconnect the phone from the PC.
- Press the Power button on the phone for 5 seconds.
- The first download of Redmi 4x will happen.
- You may close the program on your PC. Hard reset is done.
Why you need to do a factory reset of Xiaomi
Everyone who uses this or that smartphone, often faces a decline in performance of the phone, which can occur for a variety of reasons: rather long use, outdated firmware, failure in the settings and other.
Reset or so called Xiaomi Hard Reset helps to restore the phone and fix any problems which appear while using it, by means of a complete update.
Also Reset settings are used when replacing the firmware with a new one or when selling the phone to ensure the new owner has enough space for his data and to secure his own.
Hard Reset Xiaomi. Reset on any smartphone Xiaomi
It happens that the smartphone hangs on the logo load, and the only emergency way to “revive” it is to do a Xiaomi Mi reset by calling a special Main Menu.
Go to Settings Advanced Restore and reset Settings Reset
In the menu that opens you can clear all data from the SD card and Mi account. We are interested in the Reset Settings button, click on it.
If the smartphone has a picture key, you need to enter it. After that the factory settings will be restored.
For MIUI 12
MIUI 12 reset settings moved to another place.
Go to Settings About Phone and scroll down the screen.
Find the item Reset settings, go to it and click Erase all data.