What is Screen LG TVs and how to use it?
On LG TVs there is a function called Screen Share. With its help, you can duplicate the screen from the phone, computer, or laptop on the TV on Wi-Fi (Miracast, Intel Widi). Without wires. This means that we can use the LG TV as a wireless display. Literally a few clicks display an image from a phone or computer to it. In this article, I will tell in more detail about the function of Screen Share, how to set up and use it. And also on a real example, consider connecting the phone on Android and laptop on Windows 10 via Screen Share.
Modern LG TVs with the Smart TV function have an integration with which the user gets the opportunity to view the media files stored on any device connected to the local network. Smart technology Smart Share is able to provide a continuous streaming broadcast of the image from one device to another, for example, from a smartphone on a PC or from a computer on TV, and in excellent quality.
In the recent past, to implement such a task, it was required to connect to the TV panels by means of wires, or transfer content from the flash drive. Today it is enough to activate Wi-Fi wireless network, download and install a license program.
This service uses Miracast and DLNA standards that provide data transmission “by air”, that is, via Wi-Fi. However, this function is present exclusively on the TV panels of the last generations. Earlier releases are not capable of maintaining the miracast function. In this case, it is advisable to purchase a special adapter, which will expand the functionality of the technique and make a wireless transfer of data available. The device has small sizes and is connected to TV through the port of HDMI.
How to use?
Instructions for connecting a smartphone to TV LG are in format
Now to business. How to connect Screen LG TV:
- Make sure the HBBTV function is disabled on TV;
- At the PDU, find the button with the badge of the house, the “Home” is signed, click it;
- At the bottom of the screen, select the Screen Share application (depicted a monitor with a phone).
Now about how to broadcast a picture on TV. Let’s start with mobile devices for Android OS. First we need to check if there is a built.In support for Miracast on the device:
If the desired function is found, we activate it. A list of where you need to select your TV and click “Connect” should be displayed.
Do not forget to activate Wi-Fi on a mobile device!
If such an option is not provided in your smartphone, it will require the installation of additional. Go to the Play Market store, write a miracast or Screen Share in the search, download any application (see the rating and reviews so as not to install the non.Working). Launch the application and perform the actions that it will require.
The manufacturer claims that the LG TV can be connected to the smartphone of the same company. Joint work with devices of other manufacturers is not guaranteed.
Duplicate the image and sound to the LG TV using the Screen Share function from a laptop or PC. For this, the device must be equipped with a Wi-Fi module.
On a computer under Windows 10, the possibility of transmitting multimedia “by air” is called “wireless display”. How to use:
- We activate Miracast on the TV. On old models in the “Network” section, on new ones. As I wrote above, we go to the Screen Share application;
- On the PC we collect the key combination Win P;
- In the right half of the monitor, the “project” menu will appear, below select “Connection to a wireless display”;
- The search will start, as a result of which your TV will be found on the list, click on it;
- An inscription will appear on the TV screen to confirm the connection, you need to click “Yes”.
Now everything that you do on the computer will be displayed on the TV screen.
To convey the image on TV from a PC or laptop under Windows 7, an installation of third.Party “Intel Widi” is required. Currently, the official developer does not support the program, so I recommend updating your OS to “dozens”.
You can finish this. I think there should not be any problems with the connection. In extreme cases, try to restart both devices. If this does not help, write in Комментарии и мнения владельцев with a full description of the situation. We’ll figure out!
Hey! In this article, we will consider in great detail the process of setting up the DLNA server on a computer, or a laptop that works on Windows 7, 8, or Windows 10. We will tune the DLNA for the TV so that you can watch the films that are on the computer on the LG TV (as well as watch photos and listen to music). And all this by Wi-Fi, or when connecting via network cable. In this article, we will consider the LG TVs with the Smart TV function, or just with DLNA support. By the way, Smart TV can be either an older version or the new one. Web OS, on which all new LG TVs with Smart functions work.
What is DLNA, I wrote in this article, you can read. If your LG TV supports DLNA, this means that by connecting your TV and a computer to one network (through one router). You can watch movies on TV that are in folders on a computer. We will consider setting up this function in this article.This method is also tested on a computer with Windows 10. Everything works without problems.
You can configure in several ways, and using different programs.
- DLNA setting for watching films on LG using a special, proprietary Smart Share program.
- DLNA setting with a standard tool through the Windows Media player.
- Using the program “Home media server (UPNP, DLNA, HTTP)”.
Whatever you get confused, in this article we will consider the configuration using the Smart Share proprietary program. I will write about other ways in separate articles. It seems to me that the option with Smart Share is the easiest, and exactly working. Checked.
What do we need to configure DLNA:
- Stationary computer, or laptop. On it we will launch the server. The TV will be displayed on the TV that are on this computer.
- LG TV with DLNA support. If your TV has a Smart TV, then it definitely supports DLNA.
- The home network is to which the computer and TV are connected. Simply put, the computer and TV must be connected to one router.
By the way, the TV to the router can be connected both via Wi-Fi network and on the network cable. A computer (laptop) can also be connected via cable, or wi-fi. It is possible to connect a TV with a computer directly, without a router, using a network cable. Honestly, there is not much meaning in this. It is better to connect a computer with a TV on HDMI cable.
In the case of DLNA, only the film itself will be displayed on the TV, or a photo. Well, music will play. Fully desktop, folders, etc. D. They will not be displayed. To do this, you need to connect via HDMI, or by wireless Miracast technology.
Advantages and disadvantages
The main advantage of the Smart Share is that this program significantly expands the capabilities of the LG Smart TV, allowing you to directly gain access to the multimedia content of third-party devices. So, to watch a movie or series located on PC, it is enough to open the corresponding folder on the television panel and start the video of interest. But first, content must be placed in the required catalog.
Important! Data transmission speed when using a Smart ball is higher than when connecting via Bluetooth.
The next advantage of the program is the ability to view files from the devices connected to the USB. For example, you can display photos from a phone or camera on the screen. A convenient Russified and intuitive integration is another advantage of the application, thanks to which even an inexperienced user will be able to work with it.
However, the Smart Share program also has disadvantages. You need to know that there are many DLNA standards, and they differ in various configurations. Therefore, for TVs of different manufacturers, only recommended applications should be installed. It follows that the Smart Share program, designed for LG television receivers, is not suitable for the equipment of other manufacturers, for example, Samsung or Sony. For them, you need to look for and use analogues (for Samsung it is Samsung Smart View, and for Intel-Intel Wireless Display or Intel Wi-Di). In addition, the Smart Share application may experience difficulties with playing films in complex formats or in HD resolution, since not all devices can play them.
Advice! It is recommended to transmit large.Volume files and in high quality through the Ethernet cable, since a wireless connection is not capable of ensuring stable and uninterrupted data transfer.
How to connect a laptop to a LG TV via Wi-Fi Direct?
In the menu, find the content of viewing content from third.Party devices. For LG brand devices, it is located in the SmartShare section, on Sony. Home. To transfer a Wi-Fi movie from a computer to a TV, click on the desired file on a laptop, go to the submenu to “play”.
Synchronization of the work of a smartphone and a TV receiver without wires is carried out through the Wi-Fi adapter. Modern LG Smart TV panels and Android smartphones support this technology. You can synchronize the phone with the TV using different Wi-Fi connection options.
Connect Android To LG Smart TV (2021)
Using Wi-Fi Direct
This option is suitable for TV panels with built-in wireless adapter and support for Wi-Fi Direct function, which is responsible for the search for networks for connecting. On mobile gadgets with Android OS, this function is supported from 4 versions of the system and above.
To tie the device by the air, no connection to the router is required. All manipulations are performed in the settings of the TV receiver and smartphone. The order is as follows.
- Activate the desired command (Wi-Fi Direct or additional settings) in the “Wireless Network” settings in the settings.
- On the TV in the “Network” section, enable the function of searching for networks.
- After the Smart-TV system will determine the devices available for connection, their list will appear on the screen. You need to select the name of the smartphone and initiate the connection.
- Wait for the signals from a conjugated smartphone on the TV.
Important! It is recommended to monitor the level of charge of the mobile phone battery. Wireless communication quickly plants the battery.
The technology does not work on old TV models and mobile devices.
Miracast connection connection suggests that the TV panel and mobile gadget are connected through the router to the home network. To connect to the LG TV using this option, the following sequence of actions is performed.
- In the settings block of the Network TV panels, you need to open the Mirakast item and turn on the function (we transfer the toggle switch to the “ON” position).
- In the settings of a mobile device, you also need to enable a similar function. If it is not provided by default, you should download and install the Miracast-Wi-Fi Display program from the application store.
- Smart-TV will determine the phone as available to connection. It is necessary to confirm the synchronization of the devices and wait for the connection.
Important! In order for the picture to be displayed on the TV panel at full screen, it is necessary to install the smartphone horizontally.
Smart Share (only for LG phones)
For wireless communication of the LG brand, there is a proprietary technology Screen Share/Smart Share. For synchronous work, the TV and the LG brand smartphone should be part of one Wi-Fi network. Implement the connection is simple: it is enough to activate the Screen Share function on both devices, wait for the phone to determine and confirm the connection.
How to enable Miracast mode?
Here is one example of how to enable Miracast: you need to go to “Settings”. “Screen“. “Wireless screen” “. Turn on and connect to TV. The following is described how it looked on the tested tablet. In the field “Wireless networks” to choose “more”. Select “Play to” (wireless display connection).
- Press the Home button on the remote control (House icon)
- Find the “screen” in the opening cub, in it you will see the line “Intellectual image mode”.
- Activate the “Intelligent image mode” button “VCL”.
How to use LG Screen Share with Android
The screen duplication function on smartphones of different brands / models can be called:
Как подключить Смарт ТВ LG (2017-2018) к смартфону
- Joint use of the screen or Smart Share (LG)
- Wireless display (also known as widi)
- Mirror display display
- HTC Connect
- Wi-Fi Direct
Here’s how to use the LG Screen Share function with Android phones:
- On the smartphone, tap the “Settings” (or the Mirror display icon), select where to play multimedia (or similar step), then select your LG Smart TV from the list of devices. The phone may take some time to find the TV.
Note: at the remaining stages, the phone (HTC Android) is located on the left, and the LG TV screen is on the right.
Note: In most cases, the content of the smartphone, screen menu and settings will be displayed on the screen of the LG TV.
- To complete the session of the mirror display of the screen, touch “disconnect” in the settings of the mirror display of the smartphone screen (if any), turn off the smartphone, switch to another function on the TV or turn off the TV. If you play content from a certain application, it will cease to play if you use another function on your smartphone.
Connection via Wi-Fi Direct
The connection method is determined by the features of the model available in the house. If we are talking about the most modern, then it should have a module for working with wireless connections and ensure the performance of the Wi-Fi Direct function. In this case, there is no need for a mandatory use of the router. Although this work option is considered more ancient, it is still a quality and reliable.
For configuration, you must do the following:
If at this moment the Wi-Fi Direct function is not activated, then the smartphone will not do anything yet. Next, you need to set up on the TV. To do this, you need to perform the following actions:
- Take a remote control for TV control.
- Go to the main menu.
- You need to go to a section containing network settings.
- Among the available opportunities to find Wi-Fi Direct and click on this line. If there is no such command, then select “additional settings”.
- Open the main menu on the Poult. Go to the “Network” section. As in the previous case, you need to click on the Wi-Fi Direct command.
- A complete list of various devices available for synchronization will appear on the screen. You need to choose a smartphone from them and click on it.
After that, you need to look at the smartphone screen. There should be a request for a connection. It is required to approve it.
As a result of the setting, the image and sound from the smartphone will be automatically transmitted to the LG TV.
Here one of the options that can be used to connect. It has the following advantages:
- In this case, there is no need to install a wired connection.
- There is no need for this purpose to buy a router.
- It is possible to broadcast video content using various formats to the screen.
- This method of work does not use the connectors. Therefore, nothing prevents, for example, to put during a broadcast, the phone for charging.
- There is an opportunity in this mode to view sites on the Internet.
Unfortunately, the use of this option also has some disadvantages:
- The function under consideration is present in the latest LG TV models, on earlier such opportunities may not be.
- When working in this mode, the phone accumulator is intensively consumed. Therefore, it is quickly discharged. When connecting to the TV, it is advisable to parallel to put a smartphone for recharging.
In this method of connection, you can not only view content. But to launch various applications.
DLNA settings (Smart Share) between PC and TV
We need (necessarily). So that our TV and computer (I have a laptop) are connected to one network. What does it mean? This means that both the TV and the computer should be connected to one router.
It doesn’t matter how they are connected. The TV can be connected as Wi-Fi (how to connect read in this article https: // f1compp.Ru/televizory-smart-tv/kak-podklyuchit-televizor-so-somart-tv-interenetu-po-fi-na-plimere-LG-32LN575U/), and with a cable. The computer is the same. For example, I have a TV and a laptop connected to the TL-WR841N router via a wireless network.
Then we need to set up file distribution from the laptop so that the TV can play the video from the desired folders, or show photos. We just need to open emu for this access.
This can be done even using the standard Windows Media player. Despite the fact that there is a small minus in this method, we will still consider it.
DLNA setting using Windows Media
Just start the Windows Media player (look for it in the Start menu). Press the stream on the tab and install the checkmarks near two points:
It’s all. You can already go on the TV in the Smart Share menu (in the case of LG TV) and watch all the media files that are in common folders: music, video and images.
Add our folder with films to the Windows Media player
If you configure the server via Windows Media, then only standard folders with video, music and images will be displayed on the TV. And the contents will respectively be reflected only from these folders. In order not to copy the necessary films and other files to these standard folders, we can add the folders we need to the library, and they appear on the TV. How to do this, they prompted me in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
Open the Windows Media player and click on the left button to streamline. Pull the cursor to control libraries and in accordance with what kind of media content you want to add, select a phonothek, video, or gallery. For example, I want to add a folder with films, then I choose a video.