Headphone connector does not work. 5 ways to fix the problem
Many users are faced with a problem when a phone or a tablet based on Android begins to be capricious. It seems that nothing of the kind happened, which could cause a malfunction, and it does not work as it should.
How to Answer Headset While Away From Desk
For example, there were problems in the device with the fact that they do not work or the headphones and headset that are not connected to it do not work or work. The reason for this can be:
- Software failure. T.E. The problem is the failure of the software
- Hardware failure. T.E. The problem is the “gland” (t.E It takes to replace or restore the spare parts of the gadget)
Earphones/Headphones work for music but not for calls
However, do not rush to be upset. In 90% of cases with the problems of the system of synchronization with the set and headphones of the smartphone or tablet based on Android, a software failure is to blame, which you can easily fix on your own.
Why the headphone connector does not work on the phone
There are the main reasons for the inoperability of the Mini-Jack 3.5 mm connector-breakdowns breakdown, connecting Bluetooth hotels, dirt and dust that have accumulated in the nest, a failure in the settings, a malfunction of the connector.
Below you can find solutions to the malfunction of the headphone connector.
Make sure your headphones are not damaged
The most obvious reason lies in the headphones themselves. If you try to switch them to another device, with the same connector, and you will not hear anything again, feel free to replace them with new. If the sound passes and the audibility is normal, look for the reason below in the text. We also recommend connecting other headphones to the smartphone to make sure that they work.
Check the phone connection via Bluetooth
If you use wireless headphones using Bluetooth, probably a microdistrict for headphones is disabled. When using headphones, the device recognizes them regardless of Bluetooth options. But in some cases there are exceptions to solve this problem:
Check. Headphones work. The problem is solved. Otherwise, we continue to search for the cause of the absence of sound.
Clean the microdistrict for headphones from dirt
You wear a phone in your or bag? Dust, small villi and garbage are stuffed in a microdistrict for headphones over time. This is one of the factors why the connector does not work, since dirt blocks the connection between the headphones and the nest, therefore:
Cleaning can be done using a span with compressed air. As an option, use a brush to brush your teeth that can be purchased at a pharmacy. Very carefully, without sudden movements, clean the connector with a brush, in no case press it inside, otherwise you will damage the device.
We do not advise using a cotton swab with alcohol or spirits, thus, villi vills can settle in the nest, the perfumes of spirits will remain on the walls of the hole, and will prevent the normal operation of the headphones.
To keep the connector clean, you can use dustproof plugs that can be ordered on the Internet.
Check the sound settings smartphone
The problem does not always lies in the connector or headphones, check the sound settings of the smartphone. For this:
Reload the device
Perhaps the reloading of the device will help:
- Hold the power button
- Reload the device
- Wait for the device to turn on again
- Make sure the problem has disappeared
Replacement of the headphone connector
You should contact the service center if the tips presented above have not helped you, especially this applies to warranty devices. We tried to help solve the problem if the headphone connector does not work on the phone. Using a couple of wireless headphones and Bluetooth, you can listen to music on the phone with a non.Working connector. In the absence of sound from speakers when watching a video, the article will help you no sound in Android video? Resolution methods.
Check if the smartphone is connected to another device via Bluetooth.
If your smartphone is associated with wireless headphones, a speaker or other device via Bluetooth, it is possible that the headphone jack is disabled. Usually, when you connect the headphones, the smartphone must recognize them and everything should work, as planned, regardless of Bluetooth settings. However, this is not always the case.
This is a quick and simple solution, since all you need to do is open the settings menu on the device, find the Bluetooth parameter and check if it is included. In this case, the smartphone is most likely associated with one of the other devices that you have at home. If the problem is this, just turn it off, connect the headphones and see if this will solve the problem. If they still do not work, you should go to the next step on this list.
Perhaps the failure occurs with a specific application with which you are trying to reproduce music. Also, this error can be in the phone‘s software.
The rebooting of the phone is the first thing we can do in this case to solve the problem. If the reboot did not help, then this is a failure of the application with which you listen to music. Removing this application and its repeated installation is another option for solving a malfunction. A return to an earlier version can also help solve the problem if this error began to appear after updating the application.
Use USB / Lightning connectors adapter
Regardless of whether you use the Android or iPhone mobile phone, you can use the charging port to connect an adapter with a headphone jack. If you have an Android telephone, perhaps there is already an adapter to the USB Type port with a mini jack 3 connector.5 mm.
If you have an iPhone, you can also find Lightning adapter on the market with a headphone jack. This is one of the preferred options for music lovers, since we can without loss enjoy all the quality of our headphones that work only through the cable.
The smartphone does not see the connected headset/headphones:
- The problem may occur due to the established application. The store offers a lot of programs for playing music and watching video. Not all applications are compatible with a specific software model, some have an error in the code or contain malicious files. In this case, the removal of the application can help, cleaning with antivirus. If the problem is not resolved after the liquidation of the program, then you should reset the application settings or return the device to the factory settings.
- Clogging of the connector. The nest has a number of contacts that provide signal transmission. During the operation of the device, moisture, dirt that violate the conductivity can penetrate inside. The connector from penetrated garbage should be cleaned.
- Failure of the headset. For verification, you need to connect the headphones to another device, which has a 3.5 mm connector. If the sound does not enter the speakers, then the headphones should be replaced.
- Damage to the connector. When entering the plug into the nest, contacts open up, and the external speaker stops receiving a sound signal. Excessive physical effects can disrupt the state of sensitive elements. In this case, only replacement will help.
- Inconsistency of contacts. Some smartphone manufacturers change the pole in places, which is why you can connect only native original headphones to the device.
When turning off the headset, the device remains in connection mode:
- Flowing. A large amount of garbage can lead to its compaction inside and interfere with the normal operation of the device.
- Failure. As mentioned above, there are special contacts in the case, which may be damaged. Only installing a new nest will be able to solve the problem.
The sound does not pass or passes very weakly:
- This problem arises when using a headset intended for a certain model of devices or unknown production. The sensitivity of the connector can be less than necessary, the difference in the diameter or length of the plug. Here you should replace the headset.
Check if the smartphone is connected to another device via Bluetooth.
If your smartphone is associated with wireless headphones, a speaker or any other device via Bluetooth, perhaps the headphone jack is disabled. Usually, when you connect the headphones, the smartphone must recognize them, and everything should work as expected, regardless of Bluetooth settings. However, this is not always the case.
This is a quick and simple solution, since all you need to do is open the settings menu on your device, find the Bluetooth parameter and check if it is included. In this case, the smartphone is probably associated with one of the other devices that you have at home. If so, just turn off the wireless device, connect the headphones and see if this will solve this problem. If they still do not work, you should go to the next solution in this list.
Contact the service center
If none of the corrections listed above works, this means that the problem is not as insignificant as we would like. If a guarantee is still applying to your device, it is best to contact the seller or manufacturer. In some cases, this may take some time, but at least it’s free.
You may have to repair the device at your own expense, but at least you can use the headphone jack again. Otherwise, you can simply choose Bluetooth wireless headphones, which will also solve the problem.