How to transfer data to a new iPhone
Sooner or later, any person has to change the smartphone. In this regard, the question arises of how to move information from the old device to a new. For Apple iPhone devices, there are several simple ways to perform operations, each of which deserves attention. But first you need to go through the preparatory stage.
The preparatory stage is required for those who plan to transfer data from the old iPhone to a new. It allows you not to lose information, preserving absolutely all files, including photos, videos, audio and documents.
The preparatory stage is to create a backup, through which the iPhone will be restored. And for owners of Apple technology, 2 ways to make a backup:
Despite the fact that in both cases, files are first reserved and then restored, the process itself is largely different depending on a particular option. Therefore, it is first recommended to consider all the nuances indicated in the material, and then make the final choice.
How to make a backup iCloud
Icloud. Cloud storage created by Apple. It is tightly integrated into the iOS operating system, so that the export of files in a backup copy does not cause difficulties even among beginners. In this case, the copy is loaded to the Apple servers, and is not stored by a separate backup. This method is in demand due to the fact that the user does not need to worry about the amount of free space in the internal memory of the device.
To reserve data, you need:
The speed of creating a backup directly depends on the amount of data for the backup, as well as on the Internet. Before you make a backup, make sure that the iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi. Otherwise, a large amount of mobile traffic will be consumed.
Please note that only 5 GB is available for free data storage in iCloud. To expand the “cloud” you will need to design a paid subscription.
How to make a backup copy of iTunes
Itunes. A program necessary for the interaction of iPhone with a personal computer. With the help of this software, two devices are synchronized, and a backup is also created.
Unlike the previous method, the backup will be saved on PC, not on Apple servers. However, the user can choose the preservation through iCloud, using the same iTunes program.
As in the case of reservation via iCloud, the speed of saving backup can vary greatly. Over, it will depend not on the Internet, but on the integration of the smartphone to PC and the number of files. The more data is placed in a copy, the longer the operation will be performed.
How to transfer all data from iPhone to iTunes
Connect the iPhone to the computer and run itunes. In the event that iTunes is not installed on your computer, download the current version of the utility from the official Apple website.
Select the device in the iTunes window.
On the “Review” tab, which opens by default, place the “This computer” item with the flag and click “Create a copy of now”.
Advice! If you want to create a backup iPhone not on a system disk, then find out how you can do this in this instructions.
Itunes will begin to perform the process of creating a backup on a computer. The following content is saved in the copy:
- Settings of the device.
- Data on installed applications and their settings.
- The history of text messages, including IMessage. Important! For successful Imessage, SMS and MMS messages, the presence of a SIM card is required, which to use when creating a backup copy.
- Type of the main screen and the location of the applications.
- Data application “Health”.
- Mediathe (photo and video).
- Shopping history from App Store, iTunes Store and IBOOKS Store.
- Homekit devices settings.
Select the menu item “File” → “Devices” → “Move purchases from [name_time]”. Wait for the end of synchronization. Its duration depends on the number of purchases made on a mobile device.
Ready! You can check the successful transfer of data from the iPhone to iTunes in the “Edit” menu → “Settings →” Devices “. The “Reserve Copies of the Devices” should display a backup copy with the current date.
How to transfer data from one device to another, the choice of a method
File importing is carried out by several methods. For most of them, the formation of a backup is required, but the rest of the algorithm will be slightly different. In some cases, you will need an outdated device, in others. A personal computer or connecting to the Internet.
Using the Fast beginning function
How can I transfer all the information to another iPhone from one iPhone? Start copying directly according to the instructions.
For updated options with the iOS 11 and higher operating system, there is a functionality of safe data moving.
The function is used to configure mobile in automatic mode, requires the use of both units.
If the purchased equipment is already activated, then it is initially necessary to remove all the information through the transition from the menu to the “main”, then to the “discharge” and “erase with content”. Otherwise, you need to insert a SIM card into the gadget and conduct an operation at the prompts of the master.
Further step.By.Step algorithm is simple:
- After turning on two gadgets, they are laid next to each other. This will synchronize them.
- The inscription “Fast beginning” will appear on one mobile phone, on the second. “Debugging of the new”.
- On an obsolete mobile phone, it is pressed to “continue”, it is unlocking it.
- An animation will appear on the purchased, on which it is necessary to bring the chamber of the second device.
- After a few seconds, the operation will be performed, it remains to complete the procedure on a fresh cell phone with an introduction of a password.
In “Soft and Data”, the “Restore ICLOD” block is selected.
Quick start. Convenient function
Data transfer via Bluetooth
When transferring data from the iPhone to the iPhone, you need to place gadgets close to each other, turn on the function and carry out conjugation. To complete the task, you will need to use the current Apple ID (additionally you need to check the use of the correct user’s entry).
The further Bluetooth procedure is carried out by analogy with the previous way.
Using the cloud storage of icloud
If an additional copy was made during preparatory measures (a duplicate must be copy and drop information into the cloud in advance), but there is no access to the previous mobile, then the movement of information is possible from the cloud storage.
The only condition is the absence of the primary connection of the gadget. In the opposite case, it is necessary to cancel the previous actions from the menu through the “main” and “discharge”.
The scheme is performed by steps:
How to Transfer Data to New Pixel 6 Phone
- It is necessary to activate the purchased cell and follow the instructions arising on the screen.
- A proposal to join Wi-Fi will appear on the display-after connection, the debugging continues.
- When the system proposes to transmit information from the “programs and data”, the “resume from a copy of iCloud” is selected.
- Then the identification data is introduced.
- The date and time of creation of spare copies in the repository is checked, you need to manually find the latter from which the procedure will be carried out.
- You can’t turn off the wireless communication while everything will be loaded.
- After completion, the final debugging of the phone is carried out.
In the process, sometimes updating the operating system is required. An appropriate proposal will occur on the display.
After the procedure, the smartphone activates the loading of data from the apps of applications and other sources, but the device will be ready to work.
Creating a backup duplicate
Using iTunes or finder
To transfer data from one iPhone to another iPhone, it is necessary to clarify if the initial activation of the purchased apparatus was carried out. In this case, information is removed from the main menu with movement along the way: along the “main”, to “discharge” and “erase with content”.
In another option, a SIM card is installed in the equipment and all actions are made according to the prompts of the system master.
- Clicks in the “program and data” section of the block “restore from a copy of iTunes”;
- Connection of the device to a personal computer;
- The choice of the phone in the menu of the program equipment;
- Click on the section “Download from a copy” with the search for a current fresh version;
- Completion of the procedure.
If an additional copy was created at the preliminary stage, and there is no access to the outdated gadget, then the information is moved using a computer.
So that the procedure is successful, you need the device not to be preliminary configured. If the process has already passed, then the user will have to drop a cellular.
With iTunes, you can also transfer data
The update of information through Finder takes place in stages:
- After turning on the purchased apparatus, it is attached through the cable to the PC.
- Launch the application and choose the option “Restoration from duplicate”.
- Check the dates of the reserve and choose the most fresh.
- If the data is encrypted, then the password is additionally entered.
- After the end of the process, the final debugging of the apparatus is carried out.
As with the previous version, it may be necessary to update the smartphone operating system. You should not postpone the procedure. In the future it will automatically update the installed applications and software.
Step.By.Step instructions for transferring data from iPhone to iPhone 13 or from Android to iPhone 13
2) We connect an old iPhone or smartphone on Android and the new iPhone 13 on USB to PC.
3) launch Anytrans and wait for smartphone initialization. Yes, when connecting Android Smartphone to Anytrans, you will need to enable the USB debugging function. Usually the smartphone itself offers to turn on this function. Also after starting Anytrans on a smartphone, he needs to allow access to various data types.
4) Select the old iPhone or smartphone on Android and the new iPhone 13. Click on iOS in the upper Anytrans panel to transition to data transfer. Click on Content to iOS, she is in the middle. You can immediately see what data is available for transfer from the old smartphone to a new.
What can copy Anytrans? Music, films, ringtones, gallery with photos and videos, books, contacts, messages, call history, calendar records, archives, documents.
6) We agree with the transfer of data from the old iPhone or Android to the iPhone 13. Or vice versa (also you can). Select the data you want to see on the iPhone 13. Wait for the completion of the process.
Anytrans is not a one.Time program at all. It can be used in the future as a convenient file manager for your smartphone. Make backups of the necessary information, ringtones, applications, videos and so on.
Anytrans also knows how to transfer data from any smartphone in iCloud and iTunes, which can also be very useful, especially when moving to iPhone with Android.
4 Комментарии и мнения владельцев
Sorry, please, for a stupid question, perhaps I will ask everything: is it possible on the iPhone, on which there is some music and, most importantly, the ringtones, to pull music from a computer to which this iPhone had not previously been connected without losing musical information? It’s just that the whole thing is that the laptop, through which all my iPhones were synchronized for many years, was stolen. It turns out that now it remains only to “make friends” of the phone with a new computer, but I really would not want to lose everything that has accumulated there for so many years In other words: there is a need to add new music to existing music, through a new computer. Thanks in advance for the answer. I hope I more or less outlined the essence of my difficult question)
Good afternoon. The best way out in this situation will be the use of itools. With it, you can either: a) just throw music and ringtones on the iPhone from a computer; b) initially copy music and ringtones through ITOLS on a computer, and then synchronize the old content of new songs/ringtones through iTunes. In this case, neither music nor ringtones will be lost.
You can find out more about how to download/throw music on iPhone via itools here. There is also a lot of information and other methods of loading music on the iPhone can be useful.
Thank you very much for such a quick and detailed answer. You can’t tell me where exactly to read about itools) I just can’t navigate here. Sorry. And thanks in advance.
How to Transfer All Data from an Old iPhone to a New iPhone
Yes, and another question: to use itools, it is not necessary to install a jailbreak? I really would not like
A cunning way. Direct transfer of cable data
This chip will be available if iOS 12 is installed on both smartphones.4 or later version of the mobile operating system. The advantage of this method is the ability to quickly transmit data without a long loading programs and games from the cloud.
We turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both devices and place them near each other.
A window will appear on the “old” iPhone with a proposal to activate the Fast beginning function. We confirm the operation.
We scan animation from the screen of the “new” smartphone using the “Old” camera.
Further, two transfer options will be available: wireless and wired.
In the first case, smartphones need to be connected to charging and they should be in the area of one Wi-Fi network.
In the second case, a couple of accessories will be required: the USB-Lightning cable and Lightning adapter with USB entrance. A simple “cord” will be found complete with each iPhone, but the USB connection cable will have to be purchased.
In the future, it will come in handy for connecting wired accessories or flash drives.
In the case of transfer through the cable, we collect not the most beautiful design and confirm the transfer of data.
On the “new” iPhone you will have to make several starting settings and activate Touch ID or Face ID.
When the “new” iPhone restarts, the data recovery process will end.
As a result, we get a smartphone with identical settings and content inside.
How to quickly transfer data from the old iPhone to a new
Open on your iPhone settings. Basic. Reset 2. Select preparations for the new iPhone 3. Click on the button to start
Iphone will create a full backup with all photos and videos. It can take several hours. It all depends on the volume of data and the speed of the Internet.
After backup, turn on the new iPhone and bring it to the old to start the recovery process.
In iOS 15, the company simplified the transfer of data from the old iPhone to a new. Apple will provide for free as much space as necessary to create a backup on the iPhone. This function is useful for those who do not buy additional gigabytes in iCloud. To use the offer, you need to fulfill three conditions: ▪️ Buy a new Apple (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) ▪️ both.
Possible problems when exporting contacts
Despite the fact that all the previously described methods of transferring these notebooks are quite simple, some users are faced with problems. Their type depends on what method a person decided to use when exporting. It can be, for example:
- Overflow of SIM cards.
- Incorrectly introduced password from iCloud or other services used for export.
- Lack of connection to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth when trying to transfer the VCF file.
But, as practice shows, subject to all requirements from the instructions, no errors should arise. It is only important to always carry out the preparatory stage, registering in the services necessary for export.