1 Press the “Power” and “Volume Down” keys at the same time for 7-10 seconds. On some models, you need to hold the “Power” “Volume Down” “Volume Up” keys. 2 The device will turn off and on again.
You should try to turn off any device in a standard (“soft”) way: press the power button for 5 seconds and select the desired action in the menu that appears. If the menu does not appear, then the on/off button is pressed for 10 seconds. After that the device should turn off.
The most frequent reasons of failure of the phone screen
There is a common myth that if your phone display has gone black, it is a significant breakdown. Sometimes, this effect appears due to a defect in the wiring that connects the display to the main board. In this case, it is really better to take the phone to a technician. But, there is a chance that you can fix the problem yourself. This way you save your hard-earned money. You can’t have a lot of money.
Phone screen failures have been bothering people for decades. The display can go black for a number of reasons:
- Your mobile gadget may have received an unnoticed bump, or been in a concussion. Other than that, some part (or several) of it in its microcircuit may have burned out;
- Water may have gotten inside the device, in conjunction with the rapid change in air temperature;
- The smartphone has been badly flashed or programs have been installed on it incorrectly.
Of course, there are also other causes, but the ones I have presented to you are the most common.
Worn or disconnected stub
Compared with most hardware components the flat cable can be replaced without having to re-solder the board. Usually, the solution to such a problem takes a few hours, even when the loop is completely broken.
It is possible that the display is no longer lit, not because of a broken loop, but because it was disconnected from the main board as a result of a severe shock. Repair works take just a few minutes, the cost varies depending on the complexity of the gadget’s inner workings.
The effect lasts
Various sources on the Internet report that the effect of such a resuscitation lasts from a few days to one month. At me today is the second day as the touchscreen “came to life”. everything works perfectly.
Of course, replacing the touchscreen is a must, but resuscitating from the piezo element as a short-term fix is just fine!
If my solution helps you I will be glad! Have you ever had a touch screen suddenly die at the worst possible time?? How did you solve this problem?
Sincerely, Sergey Petrov, author of the “Text Center” project, a studio for creating sales texts, mini-books, webinars and sales funnels.
4 Ways to Fix iPhone Touch Screen not Working | iPhone Screen not Responding to Touch |iPhone Repair
|Listen to this article|
If the smartphone screen has ceased to work adequately, you can try to solve the problem yourself. First it is worth finding out what caused the breakage and what are the options for fixing the problem.
How to fix my Android touchscreen that doesn’t work and can’t unlock
Here are a few solutions you can try to fix the touch screen and unlock the phone.
Solutions 1 : Clean phone screen
Quick fix for non responding touch screen. Make sure your screen is not working. Clean and free of any dirt and grime. You can use a soft cloth and cleanser to thoroughly clean your phone screen.
Solutions 2 : Remove the protective film
As I mentioned above, a broken or mismatched screen protector could be the culprit for this problem. Try to carefully remove the protective film from the phone screen, after removing it, carefully wipe the original screen with a soft cloth and cleaner. Turn on your device and see if this method helped solve the problem.
Solutions 3 : Reboot your phone
Rebooting your phone can help update its system and remove minor glitches it may have caused your Android touch screen to not work and cannot unlock.
- If you need to swipe your finger on the screen to turn off your phone, try removing your device’s battery.
- If you have a built-in battery, you can wait until the phone battery dies and then charge your phone. After turning the device off or successfully disconnecting the power, try restarting it and see if you can enter your password.
Solutions 4 : Enable Safe Mode
Third-party apps can cause this kind of problem because the application system does not match our phone system. This creates havoc, resulting in some glitches like Android touch screen not working and cannot unlock. Safe mode will prohibit all third-party apps on your device. After enabling safe mode, check your device, enter your password and see if the problem persists.
Different phone manufacturers and models have different ways to go into safe mode. To find out how to enter Safe on your device, refer to the manual or visit the official page of your brand. In this example I am using a Samsung A7.
- Try pressing the power button and see if the Samsung Logo appears. If it doesn’t, try reading the other suggested solution, and if it does, you can continue reading the following steps.
- When you see the Samsung logo on your phone, press and hold the volumes down until the lock screen appears.
- When the lock screen is displayed, Safe Mode will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
Solution 5 : Restore factory settings through recovery mode
If safe mode still doesn’t work, you can try Resetting all settings of your device through recovery mode. A factory reset will help remove possible bugs and malware on your system causing this nasty problem. Note that restoring factory settings will remove anything that is a date stored on your device and return to the factory state. Preferably back up your files first before proceeding.
- Press and hold down the volume up to. HOME and power button. When you see the exclamation mark Android on the screen, release all buttons. (If nothing appears on your screen, you can stop there and try other methods.)
- Hold down the power button, then press and release the volume to the button.
- After that the Recovery mode will appear.
- In recovery mode, use the volume buttons to navigate to “Clear all data / reset” and press the power button to select.
Solutions 6 : Unlock Android with 4uKey
If none of the above solutions worked, we recommend unlocking your Android phone with a powerful program like echoshare 4uKey for Android.
4uKey by echoshare for Android helps to get your phones and tablets Android locked and unavailable. echoshare 4uKey for Android unlocks all types of screen locks on Android phones and tablets, including password screen lock, fingerprint lock, face lock, PIN lock, and picture key lock. Even if your phone screen doesn’t work, don’t worry, 4uKey is there to help you.
echoshare 4uKey for Android is easy to use even for those with no technical experience, and unlocking Android phones and tablets takes only a few minutes.
In addition, 4uKey for Android by echoshare stands out from other programs in that it has the widest range of compatibility in the store. It works on 99% of Samsung devices including the latest models like the S10 and S10. LG, Huawei, Motorola, Mi and many other brands.
Steps to unlock your Android
Install 4uKey and run it on your PC.
Then connect your Android device to your computer via a USB cord. Then go on to select the type of lock you want to remove.
Select Remove Screen Lock and press Start.
The program will then bypass the screen lock. After the process your device should be unlocked and ready to use.
Solutions 7 : Send to a repair center
If your touch screen still does not work after unlocking your device, your phone may have serious hardware issues. We recommend bringing your phone to your local Repair Center to fix it.
Remember to delete all files from your phone and back them up before you send them in for repair. You can use Android Backup & Restore to back up your data and use recovery mode to reset. This will help protect your personal files from outsiders.
Causes of Sensor Failure
All types of touch screen failures can be divided into three types, depending on the nature of the failure.
Improper response to touch
The smartphone responds to touches on the screen, but perceives them partially or incorrectly. On special forums often ask why part of the sensor on the Android phone does not work. There may be several reasons for this:
- Contamination of the screen. Grease or dirt from your fingers gets on the display and the sensor can no longer accept commands. Usually such spots occupy a certain area, which is where the control does not work. In this case, you need to wipe the display with a damp cloth and do not touch the phone with dirty hands again.
- Incorrectly applied protective film or glass. These are two popular and necessary for a smartphone accessory, because replacing them is times easier than replacing the display in case of mechanical damage to the phone. But if they are glued incorrectly, the display does not respond to touch in certain places due to air or dirt accumulated under the protective cover. The film or glass needs to be removed, the screen cleaned and a new protection glued properly.
- Mechanical damage to the display, in which part of the sensor does not work. It is usually accompanied by a noticeable web of small cracks on the screen. In the best case you will have to replace the glass on the screen or touchscreen, in the worst case buy a new display, which in the flagship models of smartphones can cost a third, and sometimes half of the whole device.
- Calibration failure. You touch in one place, but the sensor reads your touch in another. This is easy to fix. In the next paragraph of the article, we will tell you how to cope with this.
Spontaneous commands without touching
It also happens that the sensor has a life of its own. This group of touchscreen malfunctions involves working with constant failures. For example, you do not touch the screen, but the smartphone receives commands, you can even see the visualization of touch. In this case, with your phone the following:
- Software malfunction. Bugs in the Android OS are not uncommon, because the software is written by some, components are manufactured by others, and the smartphone is assembled by others. Failures often occur after installing new programs or updating the OS. So in case of this error the first action is to reboot the phone. If it doesn’t help, you should uninstall recently installed applications and roll back the OS to a previous version. The extreme measure is the factory reset, which is accompanied by the removal of all personal information, but eliminates any software glitches.
- Dust or moisture has gotten inside. The sensor itself “presses” the screen, if there are clogs on its contacts or on the control board because of dust or oxidation because of moisture inside the device. We will consider this error in details in the next paragraph.
The touch screen does not respond
Sometimes, the display does not respond at all, although there is no outward sign of failure. In this case, most likely:
- Damaged control board. It may have broken due to a blow to the phone or due to dust and moisture trapped inside. No external damage from dropping the phone does not mean its components are safe. In addition, the effect of such falls can accumulate. It happens that the cable just came off the contact, and to restore the screen is enough to put it back in place.
- Completely or partially broken loop. The reason is mechanical damage. But if the sensor turns on repeatedly, it means that some contacts are damaged and the cable must be replaced. If you have tools, spare parts, and proper care, you can do it yourself, but it is recommended that you contact a service center.
The touchscreen may glitch due to a conflict with some application. To test this theory, boot Android in “Safe Mode. Then all system applications will remain active and third-party software will be disabled. Let’s see how to boot into BP on a Samsung smartphone, but it can also be done on devices from other manufacturers.
Press the physical shutdown button, on the display hold down the touch key “shutdown” and confirm the action.
If the screen does not respond well to touch, do a forced reboot as described in the first method, and as soon as the logo appears, release the “Power” button and only hold down “Volume Down”.
about hardware and software methods of entering “Safe mode” for phones of any model can be found in a separate article on our site.
If the sensor began to work, it means that there is software on the phone that prevents it. One by one uninstall the application programs, starting with the recently installed.
On some smartphones, third-party software may not appear in the apps menu. In this case, we find it in the “Applications” section of the settings
First wipe your phone screen with clean and wet tissue.
Spots can adversely affect the quality of the sensor. The same goes for the protective film if there are scratches or stains on it.
What can be the malfunction? Globally they can be divided into two. This is either a physical defect or a software failure and problems with the firmware.
Before you do anything, try to find out information about the specific model of your phone. For example, on the forum 4PDA for popular smartphones there are topics where frequent malfunctions and errors of gadgets are discussed.
If you find that you need to reflash or reset the device, try to save all the data first. This can be done by connecting to a computer. Synchronize all the information if possible.
You can also make a backup before you flash your smartphone. Detailed guides are on the 4PDA forum.
Depending on the model of the phone and the type of operating system, the step of reflashing the device may be different. But do not rush with the firmware, otherwise it will be too late. It could be that a firmware or reset won’t help at all. And information will be permanently lost.
The main causes of problems with the screen on Android are:
- Errors in the software;
- Malicious applications and programs;
- Films and protective glass of poor quality;
- Overloading your phone‘s OS with a large number of running applications;
- Critical shortage of RAM or main memory;
- And also bumps, cracks, contact of phone with liquid or steam.
Of course, we can fix all the causes of touch screen failure ourselves, except the last point, which concerns the physical impact.