WhatsApp media not downloading after android updates | Solved
What to do to update WhatsApp manually on Android and iOS
The process of updating the mobile application WhatsApp in its principle is no different from updating any other application.
And is performed on Android as follows:
- Open Play Market in your cell phone;
- Select the three dots at the top. the market menu;
- And in the side window, tap “My apps”;
- Find WhatsApp in the list and click on ” Update ” opposite.
Or select the ” Update everything ” button to download and install the software for all the apps that require it.
If you own a mobile device with iOS system:
- Open the App Store;
- Click on the ” Updates ” button;
- In the list find the WhatsApp application and press the “Update” button next to it.
If this method does not lead to the desired result either, let’s try more radical methods. Namely, by reauthorizing in your mobile device.
How to update WhatsApp on Android
Not all users understand why they need to update WhatsApp in the first place. The application is versatile enough it is used by Android and iPhone owners. The update promises several nice bonuses, among them:
The best way to download an updated version is to use the services of the site Google Play. Run the program, and then click on Show more.
An additional menu will open with games and apps.
Opens a list of programs that have already been updated. Your task is to find the new version of Watsap and go to the main page of the messenger. There is detailed technical information. Click Update.
It also happens to be. That there is not enough free space on the mobile device. Need to remove junk software program kindly provides a list of programs that you do not use for a long time. How to update WhatsApp on an Android Samsung after the fact? Click Continue.
It is not necessary to uninstall exactly the programs you can clear disk space from unnecessary media files by moving them to the cloud. Now go back to the store and click Show more on the Watsap page. Next Autoupdate. This step will allow you to avoid in the future the routine described above.
Installing the updated version of WhatsApp will take at most a minute of your time. After that, you can use your smartphone as before, the device does not need to be rebooted. Don’t forget about the connection quality.
So that there are no questions in the process of how to update WhatsApp on your own Samsung smartphone, you should initially figure out some nuances:
- Updates always imply some improvements. the design of the interface will change, new features will appear, the software will run faster;
- the upgrade is free;
- it is downloaded manually, but the installation process starts automatically;
- it is important to provide a stable Internet connection;
- You will need some free memory space (from 20 MB);
- The procedure takes place in the background, which means that you can use the device at the same time;
- the release of the updated version is announced by publishers in notifications, on forums, on Play Market.
Not updating WhatsApp on your phone: why and what to do?
At the time of writing, WhatsApp is used by more than a billion people (. ) users all over the world, it is one of the most popular applications on the planet. Users ask a lot of questions about WhatsApp, some of which we answer. In this article we will tell you why the messenger can not update and what to do in this case.
The main reasons why WhatsApp does not update on Android, and what to do
The most important thing when this kind of problem occurs is not to panic. You should not immediately reinstall the application. Act according to plan, following the instructions and algorithms presented below.
The first thing to do if WhatsApp refuses to update is to check if your smartphone is connected to the internet.
It also often happens that an internet connection is displayed, but there is no connection. To check, try to go to a site through the browser (for example, a search engine).
If it’s not the Network, there are at least 3 other main reasons why WhatsApp might not update. Let’s find out what these reasons are.
Lack of memory
The memory of the smartphone is something that sooner or later runs out. Experience shows that memory on devices gets clogged, no matter how much of it you have. And a small amount of memory, of course, negatively affects the work of many of your applications. WhatsApp is no exception, as well as its update: new files can simply be trivial to download. What to do?
- You need to go into the settings of your smartphone.
- Find the “Apps” item.
- Open “All apps”.
- Uninstall apps that you’ve installed but aren’t using.
- You can also find unnecessary Android apps that were pre-installed in your smartphone. It can be a radio, navigator, maps, browser, etc. д. They should be stopped and then erase the data.
Some applications can be transferred from the memory of the device to the SD card.
- To avoid having to do this manually for each application, download Clean Master.
- After you run it, it finds the cache and other unwanted data.
- Let’s press “Junk.”.
- Delete unwanted files.
Clean Master can also stop unnecessary processes on your smartphone, cleaning RAM and scanning for viruses.
The operating system is outdated
There are certain requirements for the correct operation of the messenger WhatsApp. Messenger is developing, its components are improving and, unfortunately, some devices just can’t physically cope with new versions of the application. Let’s understand the limitations by device and OS.
As for the supported by WhatsApp operating systems, for Android it’s OS versions no older than 4.1. For the iPhone, the threshold is iOS 10. If you’re on KaiOS, you need a gadget with a version no older than 2.5.0. This includes JioPhone and JioPhone 2.
So if you own a gadget with an OS older than the aforementioned, then WhatsApp updates will not come to you. over, installing the messenger itself will be a big problem.
How to solve WhatsApp update problem (100% solution)
WhatsApp has never really focused on supporting specific smartphones. Representatives of the company point out that it’s not about certain models of gadgets, WhatsApp support depends on the OS version, which, in turn, most often depends on the “stuffing” of your device.
So first of all, if WhatsApp stops updating on your device and you suspect that it is outdated, check which version of the OS you have installed.
Bugs in the works
WhatsApp may have errors when working. What they are related to depends on many factors, ranging from the smartphone model and OS version, to damage to the smartphone, virus infection of the phone, etc.
WhatsApp developers give the deciphering of some error codes:
- So, for errors 413, 481, 491, 492, 505, 907, 910, 921, 927, 941 and DF-DLA-15 use the instructions to delete-add Google account and reboot your smartphone. You can also try clearing the Play Market cache.
- Errors 101, 498 and 919 mean that there is not enough space on the device, so follow the instructions from the corresponding section of the article.
- Codes 403, 495, 504, 911, 920, 923 again talk about insufficient space. You can also try manually updating WhatsApp.
- And finally, if you see an error with the code 490, it’s probably about the connection to the Network. But you can also try clearing the Play Market cache.
Check what release of the product is installed on the gadget, and then look up the current version of the program on the developer’s website. Often, when you create a smartphone account, automatic app updates are activated by default. Attempts to update WhatsApp via Google Play are unlikely to succeed if the latest version of the application is already installed on your smartphone or tablet.
It is important to remember that in some situations it is not possible to update the application, because your version of the operating system does not meet the necessary minimum system requirements.
Types of errors and methods of elimination
Problems arise due to problems with the Internet connection, lack of memory, system errors.
Not enough memory
“WhatsApp doesn‘t take up much space on your internal or external storage. However, extra space is allocated for storing messages, audio and video files. If the messenger does not install, the reason may lie in the lack of free space on the device. Find out the relevant information in “Settings”, in the “Memory” section.
To clear the space perform the following steps:
- Uninstall unwanted programs, media files. For this purpose they use the document manager or a special utility.
- Clear the cache. To delete a temporary object, go to the manager of applications, select the necessary ones in the list. By touching the screen you call context menu. In the list find the item “Clear cache and cookies”.
- Transferring part of the information to the memory card.
Appearance of the “Error 24” code on the display indicates the formation of temporary files, appearing at multiple unsuccessful attempts to install the messenger. These electronic documents are in the system folder, preventing the application from loading. You will not be able to delete them the standard way. To solve the problem use a radical method. the return to the factory settings.
Problems with Google Play
Disruptions in “Google Play” service is the main reason why it is impossible to download “Watsap. In this case, the “Error 11” code appears on the screen. To fix the error perform the following actions:
How To Fix Can’t Update Whatsapp Error On Google Playstore Android & Ios. Fix Cannot Update App
- In the list of widgets on your smartphone, find the settings icon. It most often looks like a gear wheel.
- Select section “Applications”. Find Google Play in the list.
- Use the “Stop” function. After that, you go to your Google account. Delete the account using the control panel. Register in the system again.
Example of a download error. “problems with Google Play”. After completing the procedure, restart the phone, and then repeat the installation of messenger. Using of new account excludes appearance of error.
Task Manager failure
This system tool is used when configuring the phone, but it can prevent new applications from downloading, t.ч. WhatsApp. Deactivating the task manager eliminates the problem of installing the program. After completing the download, the tool is downloaded again or returned to the active state.
WhatsApp is not available in the country
The use of the software product is prohibited in some countries. In this case, it is not possible to install messenger, t.к. there is no official version in the app store.
“WhatsApp is downloaded from the developer’s website as an installation file. In the settings of the smartphone allows you to download objects from third-party sources.
The app is already installed on your device
If the “Error 403” code appears, this indicates that the messenger is already installed on your phone. Check this by going to the settings section. WhatsApp will be in the list of applications. If an old or non-working version is downloaded, it is uninstalled using a special utility or the program page.
WhatsAppLatest version ofiOS: 2.18.111 (December 15, 2018) Windows Phone: 2.18.52 Microsoft Windows: 0.3.1242 (Oct. 18, 2018) macOS: 0.3.1242 (October 18, 2018)BetaAndroid: 2.19.38 (February 5, 2019)StatusActiveLicenseProprietaryAbout 10 more lines
Here’s what you need to do to ensure that all apps on your Android device update automatically:
- Open the Play Store app.
- Click on the Settings Menu icon.
- Tap Auto-update apps.
- Choose one of the options: Any network. Wi-Fi or mobile Internet will be used to update applications.
How to update an app without Play Market
In situations where the user can not go to Play Market, updates “Watsap” is done manually using third-party software. In the security settings of your smartphone you need to allow the installation of applications from unknown sources.
After that, you should find and download the latest version of the messenger in APK format on the Internet. It is possible to use a computer and then transfer the file to a cell phone via a cable with USB-connection.
The final stage of installing the updated WhatsApp on the Android device is to run the downloaded program. This method allows you to do without Play Market, always staying connected online with friends and buddies.