What to do if Wi-Fi stops turning on
Android is an operating system that is used for the operation of phones, tablets and other trendy gadgets. But the system is not perfect and periodically software components fail, which does not turn on the Wi-Fi access point on Android. The problem gives the user discomfort, therefore, to solve it, you need to quickly familiarize yourself with the causes of the failures and solutions.
It is difficult to understand what happened and why Wi-Fi does not work. This operating system is one of the most common in the world, so on various forums you can find many users faced with a similar problem.
There are several reasons why Wi-Fi does not turn on android:
- Incorrectly set time and date;
- Incorrectly entered connection password;
- Impact of viruses;
- Software failure;
- Settings failure;
- Outdated version of the firmware;
- Draw in the work of the router.
Having read with all possible reasons superficially, it is worth considering them in more detail. This will help in resolving the “conflict”.
The step-by-step guide to eliminate the Galaxy S8 problems, which does not connect to the Wi-Fi network
Problem : For some reason, my new Galaxy S8 can no longer connect to the Wi-Fi access point. I already tried to restart it a hundred times, but it still does not connect to my home Wi-Fi or even to public access points that I used before. I really need your help to solve this problem with my phone, since I cannot use it if I do not use data. Thanks in advance.
Elimination of problems: we must eliminate the malfunctions of your phone to know if this problem is limited to malfunctions in the Wi-Fi service or firmware. And not with equipment that supports Wi-Fi. It is necessary to eliminate this problem as soon as possible in order to know if we can solve this problem without the help of technical specialists, because otherwise you will have to replace the device. However, this is what you should do:
Run the phone in safe mode. To find out if third.Party applications have caused problems
We must exclude the possibility that this problem is caused by one of the applications you set. Since we do not know which one, we just need to run the phone in the diagnostic state, in which only built.In applications will work, and all third.Party elements will be temporarily disconnected. Just reboot the phone in safe mode, and then try to connect to the Wi-Fi access point to make sure everything went successfully. Here’s how you download your Galaxy S8 in safe mode:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the power button outside the screen with the name of the model
- When Samsung appears on the screen, release the power button.
- Immediately after releasing the power button, press and hold the volume reduction button.
- Continue to hold the volume reduction key until the device is rebooted.
- Safe mode will be displayed in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Release the volume reduction key when you see a safe mode.
- Delete applications that cause problems.
Now try to connect to Wi-Fi, and if successful it will be confirmed that there is one application that interferes with the normal operation of your phone. You must find this application, and then delete it. Start the search with the applications that you installed before the problem. Then follow the following actions to remove them:
- On the main screen, run up an empty place to open the application panel.
- Click “Settings”. Applications.
- Touch the desired application in the default list or touch the icon with three points show system applications to display pre.Installed applications.
- Touch the desired application.
- Click “Delete”.
- Click “Delete” again to confirm.
If your phone failed to connect to Wi-Fi.Fi even in safe mode, then proceed to the next step.
Restart in recovery mode and clean the Kesha section
Now we will try to exclude the possibility that this problem is caused by damage to Kesha. These temporary files tend to damage for no apparent reason, and they will also become outdated when installing a new firmware. There is no guarantee that the problem will be solved in this way, but we must exclude this. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the volume increase and Bixby key, then press and hold the power button.
- When the Android logo is displayed, release all the keys (the message “installation of the system update” will be displayed within 30-60 seconds before displaying the android recovery menu parameters).
- Press the volume reduction button several times to select “Clean the section of the cache”.
- Click the power button to select.
- Press the volume reduction button to select yes, and press the power button for selection.
- When the cleaning of the Kesha section is completed, it will be allocated to “restart the system now”.
- Press the power button key for reloading the device.
The reboot of the phone after this procedure will take a little more time, but as soon as it becomes active, try to connect to the Wi-Fi access point, and if the problem has not disappeared, move to the next step.
Create a backup copy of files and data and reset the phone settings
If the first two procedures did not work, then it will be your last remedy. You must do this to find out whether you can solve the problem by returning the phone to the factory settings by default. If not, then it’s time to return it to the store and replace it. However, if the problem is eliminated, you should be more attentive to your settings and applications that you install.
However, before reset, make sure that you have made a backup copy of your files and data, since all of them will be deleted, and then turn off the defense from reset to factory settings, performing the following actions:
- On the main screen, run up an empty place to open the application panel.
- Click “Settings” “Cloud and Accounts”.
- Click “Accounts”.
- Click Google.
- Click Google ID to your email address if several accounts are configured. If you have several accounts configured, you will need to repeat these steps for each account.
- Press the icon with three points.
- Click “Delete account”.
- Click delete account.
And then reboot the phone in recovery mode and perform a general reset:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the volume increase and the Bixby key, then press and hold the power key.
- When the green Android logo is displayed, release all the keys (“installation of the system update” will be displayed within 30-60 seconds before displaying the android recovery menu parameters).
- Press the volume reduction key several times to select “Wipe the data/factory settings. Reset.
- Click the power button to select.
- Press the volume reduction button until “Yes. Delete all user data”.
- Press the power button to select and start the overall discharge.
- When the overall discharge is completed, it will be allocated to “restart the system now”.
- Click the power button restart the device D.
The proposed reading options:
There were problems with the phone? Feel free to contact us using this form. We will try to help. We also create videos for those who want to follow visual instructions. Visit our YouTube TheDroidguy channel to eliminate problems.
Why is Wi-Fi not on Android TV turn on
If Wi-Fi does not work or does not work well on the console Android TV box, then you can solve the problem with wiring or using an external adapter.
In an effort to reduce the cost of the prefix, manufacturers often donate Wi-Fi module, installing inexpensive controllers. In most models, a wireless connection is used as a nominal option that can be used for web set and solving other problems that do not require high transmission speed. Therefore, users have to look for other connection options: pull the wire or organize the connection through the cable and router.
Wii does not turn on. FI on the phone
The problem with the Internet. Connection always arises inappropriate. If all the proposed actions did not help to establish a connection, you can use a special utility. An example can be a free Wi. Fi Fixer application. After installing the application, change the settings on the phone, perform any additional actions is not required, the program will do everything on its own. There are similar applications that help establish the work of Wi Fai, but before their use it is necessary to exclude other possible causes of malfunctions.
If it is impossible to connect to the network through a tablet computer, laptop or other electronic device, it is also worth checking the fullness of memory and working applications. To do this, it is advisable to carry out two.Level cleaning. At the first stage, all neglected processes are closed. This frees approximately 800 MB of memory. The second stage will be the closure of applications operating in the background. If necessary, you can conduct an audit and remove the weight unnecessary and long.Noted utilities. After the manipulations, be sure to reboot the device, after which the work of Wi. FI must improve.
Problems with the connection via WAI. FIA happens quite often, and there are a lot of causes of such problems. By checking the reliability of wireless connection, as well as excluding the probability of a phone breakdown (tablet), you can diagnose yourself. For this, the instructions of our article will help you, as well as detailed information about the possible problems of non.Triggering the VAI button. FI on a smartphone.
Possible problems and ways to solve them
As a rule, the user will immediately learn about the availability of problems with a wireless connection. When trying to connect to the Wi-Fi point, the information freezes “Obtaining an IP address” or “authentication error”, and the icon remains gray.
In some cases, the smartphone shows a successful connection, but there is no Internet access. There are several common reasons:
- Problems with firmware or proprietary shell of the manufacturer of technology.
- The wrong password is indicated or the flight mode is enabled.
- The device set the wrong date and time.
- The router needs to set up parameters.
- Type of protection or standard of communication are incompatible with the phone.
- Viruses that interfere with stable and correct work.
When Wi-Fi does not turn on, the first thing you need to check where exactly the problem happened. Because the lack of connection does not always indicate a breakdown of a cellular. With a high probability, this may be the fault of the Internet provider. Try to go to the network from another device. If everything has succeeded, the device needs to be repaired, in another case, you should wait or restart the router.
Incorrectly entered password
The first and most obvious solution is to check the correctness of the password entered. It is better to be safe and try to connect from another device, or from the same, but to other networks.
It is worth considering the option when the access password was recently changed, but the phone tries to access, providing old data. The problem is solved simply and quickly.
In the settings of the network (on the smartphone), the necessary access point must be removed, turned off the wireless module, and then repeat the attempt to enter, but already under the new password. Everything should earn.
Another situation when the new access code for some reason is unknown to the user. This is also not critical, although it is decided more difficult. In this case, the user guide will also be useful, because it describes how you can change the password.
Also check the flight mode. If it is turned on, the Internet will not work either on local networks or mobile.
This solution is relevant only when using home networks. Unfortunately, in many public places there are active points to which you can connect, but without access to the Internet.
Therefore, if all the equipment cannot connect to data transfer, the router, first of all, you need to restart. If after that nothing has changed, you need to set it yourself.
- First you need to go into the settings of the router. There is no exact instruction here, since each equipment manufacturer has its own algorithm for working with it. The answer can be found in the user guide that is included.
- In the same menu, select “Settings of the Wireless Regime”. The channel and default channel parameter “Auto” and “11 BGN mixed”, respectively, should be. If this is not so, the necessary values fit independently. Pay attention to the line of filtration of the mass-address, it must be disconnected.
- Repeat the connection.
Sometimes such manipulations do not give the expected results. It is possible that the equipment itself has broken. There is only one solution here-to take it to the service and replace the Wi-Fi adapter.
The inconsistency of encryption algorithms
Another point should include another point in this subtitle. Incompatibility of communication and encryption standards. It is characteristic of outdated models with old versions of the operational system. It is decided by the replacement of the device with a newer.
But if the reason lies in the incompatibility of encryption on modern gadgets, it is necessary to update the driver and router drivers on their own or using special programs that automatically monitor the relevance of the software.
Wrong dates and time
This situation is quite rare, but it has the right to exist. The fact is that in 80% of cases, the cellular uses the Internet time in the latitude in which it is located.
It makes no sense to stop for a long time at this point. Synchronize the time on your time zone, enter it manually or drop it settings.
Drolls in the software
One of the most common data transmission errors is different failures in the software. It is extremely difficult to track their origin, and they sometimes bear a spontaneous character.
Many people are familiar with this phenomenon, but do not know how to solve it. In fact, the procedure is extremely simple.
To begin with, the Wi-Fi Fixer program swings on the smartphone:
- If the phone works with mobile operators and their nets, use them.
- If there is no other opportunity to go to the network on the cellular, download the installer.APK to a computer, and transfer it via a USB cable. You can find it in a conductor or section where files and folders are stored.
Then start the utility. Do not make any changes to it. Check your device in the list of connected users. After rebooting, repeat the attempt to enter.
Many applications have access to network parameters, and make their own adjustments there, which provoke such malfunctions. Therefore, it is better not to download programs from unknown sources.
All gadget manufacturers recommend only official firmware, which they themselves install on their models. But the behavior of the Android OS is impossible to predict, and the absence of a Wi-Fi connection can be smaller of the evils. You can install the official version of the operational system in the service center.
Mechanical damage to the Wi-Fi module
If you could not activate the wireless network using settings, perhaps the Wi-Fi Radio Modul itself is damaged on the Android device. This chip can break when falling, impact or contact with water. The degree of breakdown will be determined only by the specialist.
It is not recommended to disassemble a smartphone or tablet. Inexperienced user can only aggravate the problem. It is better to take the device to the nearest service center or repair workshop. If the device is under warranty, you can change a non.Working smartphone for a working.
WIFI won’t turn on android phone. Solved [HD]
- Disassemble the device;
- Find the module;
- Take a picture of how it is connected;
- Extract an old module;
- In the free place WLAN install a new radio module.
It is also important to know that problems with Wi-Fi can arise not through the fault of the module, but because of the router distributing wireless Internet. It is advisable to check the settings of the router. If one device accepts Wi-Fi, and the other is not, then there are problems in a specific gadget.
Check the security key
It often happens that a mobile phone does not connect to a home Wi-Fi, because the encryption key for WEP, WPA or WPA2 is incorrectly indicated. Therefore, it is necessary to indicate it again, putting a check in the line “show the access code” in order to prevent errors.
If you fail to remember the password, you can contact the safety settings of the access point to find it out:
How To Fix Samsung J250f wifi not open problem fix
- In the PC toolbar, open “Internet access”, then click on the network name with the right mouse button.
- Choose “properties”. In the window that appears, open the “Safety” tab and put a checkmark in the field called “display the introduced symbols”.
After displaying the security key, you need to enter it into the phone and connect to the network. It is better if the indicated characters are displayed on the smartphone in order to avoid the introduction of incorrect data and a second waste of time.
If the settings are also lost in the laptop (computer), you need to find out the password of the router, t.To. Any router has its own special IP address. In almost all models, it is printed on a tag, which is glued to the reverse side. If the instruction is preserved, you can see the password in it to enter the settings.
In 90% of cases, login and password for entering the router integer. Admin.
The algorithm of actions, thanks to which it will be easy to find out the password of the router, is very simple:
- Enter the parameters of the device using a laptop or a stationary computer using a network cord that comes with a router.
- In the address bar of any browser, write the ip wi-fi router. Next, fill in the columns with data from the router control page, which are almost always given on the back of the router (usually by default they are set as admin/admin). After that, the settings page will be displayed.
- If there is no information on the back, we launch the command line with the key. In the window that opens, write CMD and click “Enter”.
- We indicate the IPCONFIG command. Detailed connection information will appear on the screen. Find the item “Basic gateway”. The opened IP address should be copied into a line in a browser. After that, enter the password and the login, and click “enter”.
It is worth noting that the installations of many routers are identical, the difference is only in appearance and individual functions.
How to get an access code using the example of Linkdir-615:
- In the lower part of the screen, click on “extended settings”.
- In the Wi-Fi menu we find the PSK encryption key, where the required password from the network will be indicated.