Can I Install Windows on an Android Tablet?
Specifically, you can install and run Windows XP / 7/8 / 8.1 / 10 on your Android tablet or Android phone. This applies to Android kitkat (4.4. Installing and running Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 on Android devices depends on software called Change My Software.
Step one. install JPCSIM from the Play Store
- Install JPCSIM. When finished, click “Open”.
- Open the app. Step two. Install Windows 10 on your Android
- Important Information. Then click somewhere to continue.
- Legal Notice. Now click somewhere on the screen to continue.
- Select the Windows version
- Windows 10 works on Android.
Which devices you can install Windows on
Unlike the emulator of the operating system, the full installation of Windows on the tablet is not always possible. It is all about the high demands of the OS, it is more demanding than Android, and you need to initially determine whether the operating system is supported by the specific device. Requirements are for hardware, memory size, but no less importantly, in addition to the desire to equip your device with another resource management system, you also need the appropriate skills of the user. Installing Windows on the tablet instead of Android is a troublesome matter, but in good hands it is quite feasible. The following conditions are required to correctly install the OS:
- CPU with i386/ARM architecture. VIA, AMD, IDT, Transmeta processors are cross-platform;
- A tablet with at least 3GHz quad-core (dual-core) and 2Gb of RAM for Windows 7, 8, 10.
As you have understood, to install “windows” you will need to have a high-performance tablet equipped with a powerful processor. Otherwise, even if you manage to install the system, suspension of the device is guaranteed. Make sure you have all the drivers you need to ensure that the operating system works correctly.
After pre-determining which system you are going to install, and checking if your device has enough resources for it, we are ready with the appropriate tools to do the following. To install Windows 10, 8, 7 on the tablet you will need the following tools:
- Bootable flash drive or SD-card with a capacity of 8-16 GB (depending on the selected OS version) with an image file or distribution of Windows written on it, you can also use a disk, burn it or buy ready-made;
- External DVD-drive, if the disc will be used as the distribution media;
- USB hub with three free ports;
- USB mouse, keyboard.
Turning off the tablet. When the hub is switched off, connect the USB hub to the USB port of the tablet. In the hub plug in a keyboard and flash drive.
Now turn on the tablet with keypad pressed F12.
In the menu that appears, use the arrows to choose our USB stick and follow the instructions. The installation process may differ slightly from Android version to Android version. In this case, the package Android-4 was installed.2.2_r1-ia3, and the process looked like this:
- Do you want to preserve Windows and dual boot?. Y
- Do you want to resize Windows to make more space?. Y
- Enter new size in MiB for Windows: Enter for default option.
- Install GummiBoot bootloader?. Y
- Enter boot menu timeout (0=no menu) (min=0, max=60, enter=5)
After a successful installation, you should see a message:
Installation now configured. Press enter to continue
Now, if everything went according to plan, the next time you turn on the tablet you will see a menu with the choice of the operating system to be loaded.
Sometimes the menu of choosing an operating system does not appear. In this case, the only way to run Android as OS is to hold F12 on the keyboard when you switch on your tablet.
You may also find that Bluetooth no longer works in Windows. To eliminate this unfortunate fact, you need to boot into Android and in its settings enable Bluetooth. A subsequent reboot in Windows should solve the problem.
You need to understand that besides the risk of turning your tablet into a brick, we are dealing with an unofficial x86 version of Android. This means that in addition to the need to install basic applications for further work (Google Play, GMail), there will be a restriction on the ability to install only those applications that run on an x86 system. Fortunately, the list of such applications is constantly growing.
The essence and peculiarities of installing Windows on an Android tablet
Installing Windows on an Android device is justified in the following cases:
- The most compelling reason. your work. For example, you design websites and you need Adobe Dreamweaver, which is the most convenient application to work with in Windows. The specifics of work also suggests the use of Windows programs, which have no analogues for Android. And labor productivity suffers: for example, you write articles for your website or on demand, you’re tired of switching the layout. and there is no Punto Switcher for Android and it’s not expected;
- The tablet is sufficiently productive: it makes sense to test Windows and compare what is better. The usual programs that used to work on your home or office PC (for example, Microsoft Office, which you will never exchange for OpenOffice) can be taken with you on any trip;
- the Windows platform has been intensively developed for 3D games since the Windows 9x days, while iOS and Android came much later. Managing the same Grand Turismo, World of Tanks or Warcraft, GTA and Call of Duty with a keyboard and mouse. a pleasure, this gamers have been used to since childhood, and now, two decades later, happy to “run” the same series of these games and on a tablet with an Android, not limiting themselves to the framework of the operating system.
If you’re not an adventurer, but instead have a good reason to run Windows on your smartphone or tablet, use the tips below.
You don’t have to have a preinstalled version of Windows on your tablet
Download and install Change My Software
First you need to install Change My Software on your Windows PC. There are several versions of the app, each for a specific OS version (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10). You can download all versions in one ZIP file at the link below.
Do Samsung tablets have Windows?
Windows 10 Home (Samsung recommends Windows 10 Pro for business).
8 things to do with your old Android tablet
- Turn it into an alarm clock.
- Interactive calendar and to-do list display.
- Create a digital photo frame.
- Get help in the kitchen.
- Controlling your home automation.
- Use it as a universal remote control for streaming.
- Read e-books.
- Donate or dispose of it.